Saturday, October 5, 2019

Sunday Post #amwriting #amjoy



Today's post will link up to The Sunday SalonThe Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelves for weekly updates.

           LOOKING FORWARD TO SEPTEMBER

This week I was on film over at HereandTHERE.Live hosted byDavid Plutado Fugate. This is performing arts venue, that serves, artists, youth and community members in Edina, Minnesota. 
 I liked writing the scene. We had to write a spin off of one of Bill O'Reilly's sketches where O'Reilly becomes frustrated with his film staff for getting the words on the teleprompter wrong.   We had a choice of whether to put our whole written script on the teleprompter or just the words that were supposed to be wrong.  I opted for the one sentence.

  The most intense moment was when the guy behind the teleprompter began counting down 3, 2, 1 and raising his thumb to indicate 'ACTION'.  From there I recited a script that I wrote and did a combination of recitation and improvising.  I really thought that if I improvised some of it- it would bring out the emotion of the scene better. And it worked! Lots of great emotion spilled out as I became frustrated and even threw a pen on the table that bounced and almost hit one of the cast members.  It was a great experience.  I hope to inspire some more people to get out there and try filming.  That's all for this week, please leave your comments below.

CURRENTLY

Reading: The Power of You by Chris Michaels Hardwiring Happiness by Rick Hanson,This Moment is your Miracle by David Hoffmeister 

Watching: Crazy Ex Girlfriend (Netflix)

ON THE BLOG

Current: The Sunday Post 

Upcoming: Wordless Wednesdays



7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a good time. Pens flying and all. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yeah Mary! It was thrilling. Can't wait to do more.

      Delete
  2. You are so much more brave than I. Even if I could somehow get myself to be filmed, I'd be terrified that I'd resemble a deer in the headlights if I didn't have everything on the teleprompter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much fun was that! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy your reading and viewing. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing such unique and fun things. I just read The Shallows by Matt Goldman and loved all the Minnesota references. Have a great week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great experience for you, congratulations on your success.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How fascinating, and it's so cool to hear about your life! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter