Tuesday, April 25, 2017

U is for Unleashing Travel Books #AtoZchallenge via @trincarl #Tuesdaythoughts @eatpraylove

As part of my #AtoZchallenge and posting anything Writer(ly) I wanted to unveil a list of the best in travel books. It's important as a writer to read books that interest you.


Book:Eat Pray Love
Author:Elizabeth Gilbert
Note:This is my favorite travel book because it's like a manual on making life changes.





Sharks Fin and Sichuan Pepper: A sweet-sour memoir of Eating in China
Author: Fuchsia Dunlop


Paris I love you but your Bringing me Down

Author:Rosecrans Baldwin

Paris my Sweet
Author: Amy Thomas


Mastering art of french eating
Author:Ann Mah


The Best in American travel writing
Editor: Anthony Bourdaine
25 pieces in this collection including a piece written by
David Sedaris
Note:I absolutely love Anthony Bourdaine his eccentric personality is an indicator that you don't have to serious all the time to be a great writer, food critic, etc.


The Latehomecomer
Author: Kao Kalia Yang

Turtle Feet
Author: Nikolai Grozni


Under the Tuscan Sun
Author: Frances Mayes


Sisterhood of Traveling Pants
Author:Ann Brashares


The photographer:Into Worn-torn Afghanistan with Doctors Without Borders
Author:Emmanuel Guibert
Note:I liked reading this book because my own orthopedic doctor had worked with Doctors Without Borders. If you can be a doctor in Afghanistan you can be a doctor anywhere.

Serve the People:A stir-Fried Journey through China
By Jen Lin-Liu
https://www.amazon.com/Serve-People-Stir-Fried-Journey-Through/dp/0156033747/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1493117051&sr=1-1&keywords=Serve+the+People%3AA+stir-Fried+Journey+through+China+By+Jen+Lin-





Readers, if you have any travel book recommendations that you think I should add to my lists, let me know in the comments below.


1 comment:

  1. I hope these great travel books would be quite helpful for travellers and tourists. They can guide people in a better way how they can plan a trip.
    airport parking manchester

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter