Sunday, May 21, 2023

Sunday Post

 


 

LOOKING FORWARD to MAY



Great week, I went to do Zumba a few times and did another class. OULA dance class celebrates the healing power of dance as part of an inclusive, come-as-you-are community where everyone is welcome.



I've been pretty involved in learning Portugueese. A few of my teachers have helped me on an app called Tandem.  You can exchange voice notes and engage with people in language parties. It's a great way confirm whether you are saying a word correctly. I learned that a few countries do not have access to this app because of censorship.

Lastly, I took zulfi to a few playgrounds where he could engage with kids and have fun. He can pretty much talk with any kid no matter what their age and invites himself in their game of tag.




A pic of the YMCA in Eagan


 

ON THE BLOG


Reading



Watching 





I'm loving this spinoff on Netflix. It's based on the novel series "To All the Boys' I've Loved Before" and its set in South Korea and I was in Korea in 2009 to teach english, so I can relate to learning Korean and the many things the main character experienced.  I was also able to write a short monologue last night based on my experience and I will enclose it soon.






9 comments:

  1. I'm working every day on my Italian, but it feels slow. Maybe I'll look into Tandem, too.

    I wish my Y had more classes. I was hopeful they would do more this summer, but so far, no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would highly recommend Tandem because the people on it are a bit more mature and take learning language seriously.

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize XO Kitty was a spinoff! Now I have to watch it for sure. I saw it pop up and thought it looked good. Would You Rather looks good. Hope you have a good week, and thanks for visiting me earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, watch it Lisa! I'm torn between which series I like better and I'm glad I don't have to decide.

      Delete
  3. My daughter would love that scull, she collects them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good utility box pic — more and more of them are being decorated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, pretty soon, everything in our world no matter the gadgetry will be decorated:)

      Delete
  5. I've watched a few Kdrama's so I might like this too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mary, I hope the actors in Korea are getting the support they deserve. they go through a lot to make those dramas.

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter