Sunday, May 28, 2023

Sunday Post

via GIPHY



 

LOOKING FORWARD to MAY




Happy Memorial Day Weekend

On Tuesday I began to teach online.  I use a word game called Taboo. The objective of the game is for a player to have their partners guess the word on the player's card without using the word itself or five additional words listed on the card. I help international students build their vocabulary on a Tandem language app.



On Thursday, I performed in Improv-a Go-Go with our accessibility and inclusion team. We had 10 performers with disabilities on stage. A common theme seemed to be platypi. These small animals were dictators and falling from the sky. Pretty soon they were everywhere, which made for funny comedy

On Friday, I  had the maintenance come and fix a curtain rod, which was impossible for me to fix, and a flat tire on my son‘s bicycle.. it had been a very busy week, and on Tuesday I deleted a different type of work out at the Eagan YMCA, where you lift weights to cardio music, and occasionally do Barbies and lunges.








 

ON THE BLOG




 



8 comments:

  1. The teaching you're doing sounds fun and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea of Taboo for teaching that way. Sounds like a busy week. Hope you're having a nice weekend! Thanks for visiting me earlier at Lisa Loves Literature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taboo is a fantastic game and it's changed my life, sometimes I'll use scribblio as well.

      Delete
  3. Vocabulary is really the most challenging part of language learning, in my limited experience. Playing games would help. I also try to read and look up the unknowns.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think playing Taboo is a great way to try to learn vocabulary in another language. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm always open to other games, so let me know:)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are a great teacher!

    Wishing you a wonderful reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly, I think we all do our small part.

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter