Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Sunday Post

via GIPHY

 


via GIPHY

The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


 

LOOKING FORWARD to JULY

The week seemed to fly by. I did some improv online and did a fantastic scene with a woman who came on with a baby doll prop, absolutely hilarious! 

I watched some Korean drama and it was work as usual.  

On Saturday, I took a ton of people to the airport (including a pilot) I asked the pilot his plans for the weekend and just laughed.

One of my clients told me a funny story about how a seventy year old man got  up to use the bathroom on the plane and a bag of crack fell into the aisle. He denied it was his, and he got away with it because there are no cameras on flights (at least in some areas).

I also took a group of friends to Hudson, Wisconsin. Its been hot in St. Paul. It got up to the 90's this weekend, so I make sure to wear my lightest pants (not a fan of shorts) in the the car.

Pics from Cambodian Rock Band by Theatre Mu

Cambodian Rock Band

When?Jun 8 - Jul 31, 2022
Where?Jungle Theater

by Lauren Yee
directed by Lily Tung Crystal




Statue of liberty sited in St Paul

Wagon spotting in Minnesota








Readers please comment below

 

ON THE BLOG

I'm reading "Hail Mary".  I read the reviews and I'm kinda in agreement with most in that Andy's first book was a bit more dynamic.
A fellow book blogger recommended this book to me. It's real angsty and it has all of the makings of novel about two characters pining over one another for a very long time.  If you love steamy romances this one is definitely for you.
Nix (Elementary Romantic Calculus) launches her King Family series with a love story just as tempting, decadent, and sweet as the ice cream sold by the title family’s nationwide brand. Charming, flirty Wyatt King wants nothing to do with his family’s ice cream empire. Instead, he works as an occasional handyman around Crowder, Tex., setting his own hours and playing in a cover band. His handyman skills come in handy when his best friend’s younger sister, biologist Andie Lockhart, is threatened by her homeowners’ association, who hope to facilitate a shady real estate deal involving her run-down property. Luckily, Wyatt’s on hand to fix things up until the HOA has nothing left to complain about






7 comments:

  1. Now I'm wondering what the Statue of Liberty on the lawn was all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it was probably hand crafted by the home owner. This home is near Grand Avenue in St Paul. Some of the nicest homes and mansions are situated in this area. It's an interesting coincidence too because later in the week I picked up a client who was talking about how his childhood home was literally uprooted and how it was quite the affair because he said " the whole town seemed to shut down and watch the move."

      Delete
  2. Your improv sounds like great fun. The pictures are amazing - as are your car share stories! Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bag of crack? Dang. lol Doesn't surprise me though, I've found two baggies of meth that I flushed so a kid wouldn't get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of amazing that a man that old could be in the drug business.

      Delete
  4. One of the panels at the book convention I went to this past week was audiobook narrators doing cold readings of steamy romance books with different accents/jobs/characteristics the audience picked for them. It was hilarious! I love that you do improv. Whose Line is it Anyway is one of my favorite shows, so I love that kind of humor! Hope you have a good week! Thanks for visiting me on Lisa Loves Literature earlier, and oh yea, I loved My Cone and Only too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Readings of great novels are so much better when the audio narrators are in person. I'm glad you had that opportunity.

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter