Sunday, June 5, 2022

Sunday Post #amwriting #amjoy

via GIPHY


Minnesota Wild Hockey

 

LOOKING FORWARD to JUNE


This week's fun ride-share story


Not returning the favor and its implications

“That must be the farthest I’ve seen the seat pull forward,” said my ride-share client.

(I smile)


(a picture from improv this week. I loved this scene because the characters are high school students trying to get students to vote for them with incentives like pizza and beer.



Minnehaha falls in Minnesota
“Yes, I’m a short statured person,” I say.

(Out with the obvious)

“Well is that due to malnutrition or some genetic thing?”

“Yes, its genetic. My grandma was short and so is my mother and brother. But I think the gene has reached its end, because I’m the tallest of my kind. And my son is not short.

(I always declare that last tidbit almost as if I’m putting the person at ease)

“Oh,” she says.



A chair I bought for my son at Costco

(Som of the older buildings in St Paul, Minnesota)


As we edge closer to her home she says:

“You can drop me off at the end of the driveway. The last driver pulled into the driveway during a snowstorm and got stuck in the ditch. He then came to our door and knocked, and asked if anyone could help push him out. My husband wasn’t about to go out there and help him so he told the guy to use his roadside assistance.”

(So you didn’t help the guy who provided you a safe ride home?)



Try Improv Night(s) at Gutty's Comedy club for individuals with disabilities and NO experience necessary. Just show up and give it a try.

















I started reading books by Mark Manson. He writes about relationships as well, and what emotional needs people are seeking to be met.

11 comments:

  1. Interesting story! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your riders always offer something rather silly to think about. What's strange about a short person? Remember Thumper's mom: "If you can't say something nice..."

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, what a charmer (not). Height is a weird genetic lottery I think sometimes, we have a lot of varying height among our extended family.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shelly. Yes some clients come off as sarcastic or not grounded in mindfulness but we pick up the lot ,not knowing what we’ll get next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the chair.
    My grandson's father is 6'7" and my grandson is the tallest kid in his class right now and he's only 9 years old. I know he's going to be tall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read this twice to learn that your grandson is not the one who is 6'7 at nine years old. Lol

      Delete
  6. Some of these stories you come in contact with...wow. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Seriously? This person asked personal questions about your height?

    And the rider didn't help the person who dropped her off and then got stuck in the ditch?

    I'm so sad about America!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its insane but happens. Now a days I'm getting more comfortable about joking up size in my comedy. (takes practice)

      Delete
  8. I love reading your travel tidbits! Glad you are remembering them so well!

    Have a good week and be safe out there.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love hearing the antics from your riders! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter