Sunday, October 31, 2021

Sunday Post #amwriting #amjoy

via GIPHY

 


           LOOKING FORWARD TO OCTOBER


This week was in search for the Halloween costume for my son. Earlier this month, I posted him in a few costumes. He pretty much collects them throughout the year or whenever we go to the thrift store he'll decide he wants to be Hulk, Batman, or Spiderman, but this year I think he finally decided on Spiderman.  
Friday Delight (Improv) theatre (Me with my son on the right)


I was also on my way to get coffee and I came across some runners for a marathon in St. Paul. Most of them were in costume and a lot of them were Waldo this year.  
Readers, what will you dress as?

In other news, I've been hitting the gym and staying motivated. I drove for rideshare this week and talked to a client about his change from taxi driving to semi truck driving and he said he can make a whole lot of cashola (as my mother would say.)



Upcoming Shows

Top Girls at Crane Theatre, Nov 6-21 Mpls: Synopsis: If you could invite anyone from history to a dinner party, who would be at your table?

Marlene has just taken over the Top Girls Employment Agency and she is celebrating.
Set within Margaret Thatcher’s Britain of the early ‘80s, Top Girls manifests the evolving complexities of modern feminism and tackles the question of what it takes for women to succeed. 

$16-$61, Sliding Scale
Tickets must be purchased online in advance






ON THE BLOG

Alex Volkov is a devil blessed with the face of an angel and cursed with a past he can't escape. Driven by a tragedy that has haunted him for most of his life,This book came to my attention by a youtuber who talked about it glamourously. Its a brother's best friend romance. I never had this problem of falling  for my brother's friends but I certainly had a lot of brother's growing up who dated a lot, lol


15 comments:

  1. There are certainly lots of jobs for those who drive big trucks around here. It's a booming job market.

    I hope your son has a fabulous evening as Spiderman. I do love dressing up in costumes. When I was a school librarian, I had over sixty different ones. I think I kept a couple. I wonder if I should dress up tonight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should totally dress up tonite. I could see myself as a truck driver but I'd be on the radio communicating with people a lot.

      Delete
  2. We don't celebrate Halloween here in SA, but we did have a book dress-up day at school on Friday. I dressed as Nancy Drew and we had so much fun!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you will have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy drew sounds great. When I was a kid I should have dressed as the boxcar children because I loved that series.

      Delete
  3. I love the costumes and the fall leaves. We aren't doing much for Halloween this year though.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your son had a fun Halloween. Spiderman is a great costume. I don't really do much for Halloween anymore.

    Have a great week!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. So near my birthday, its no wonder.

      Delete
  5. Happy Halloween! I hope you get some trick or treaters and some good candy to snack on as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had an awesome Halloween. Quiet in our neck of the woods, and I mean woods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, love Charlie Brown! Hope you and your son enjoyed Halloween! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be adding the book to my TBR. I definitely had a crush on at least one of my brother's friends, but they all treated me like a little sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, crushes are something. Reminds me of the novel "The Upsides of Unrequited" by Becky Albertalli.

      Delete
  9. Truck drivers are in such demand right now! My brother actually recruits them for a living lol and I know that they are in high demand.

    I love the Charlie Brown image. I love that cartoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that. My friend drives trucks and she's one woman with a lot of power.

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter