Saturday, January 2, 2021

Sunday Post #amwriting #amjoy

via GIPHY

 


           LOOKING FORWARD TO January

  

I talked to someone this week who said he and his wife got married virtually after knowing one another for six years, and how their story would make for a great novel.  This brought up questions from the group.  Where is your wife? He explained how the ceremony was virtual and how he had guests from Indonesia, Hong Kong, and England. 
 I see a lot of things on ZOOM these days and some things are unusual and some things are not.  Tell me about things you've seen on ZOOM in the comments below and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm starting to read more series so if you have any great one, also let me know in the comments below. And if you start seeing that we are reading the same books from my weekly posts-know that this is no coincidence. I write down at least one book from every blog I read in hopes to generate a greater connection with all my readers. Sometimes I don't get to each one but I strive to throughout the year.
 I had some vacation this week and I'm grateful I was able to:

See my family a lot!!!

I'm grateful to make a short film on YouTube with new friends on ZOOM.

Grateful for relaxation and tons of new books

drawing pictures.

Exploring the University campus on my own and  I went on the lake, (skating) with my sister and niece.


                                    Photos from my week












Shows I'm looking forward to





In the quaint village of Sleepy Hollow, stories of wonder and strangeness surround the legend of a mighty headless Hessian. When the humble schoolteacher Ichabod Crane vies for the hand of the beautiful Katrina Van Tassel, the townsfolk might protest but it is ultimately the Horseman who will decide his fate.

Produced by Walking Shadow theatre

tickets https://www.walkingshadow.org/streaming/

Available Online: January 1 – 31, 2021
Watch Party: Friday, January 8 at 7:30pm

                                      




CURRENTLY 

Reading:





Girl who works in bookstore meets boy in Book store.  Boy doesn't read books.  Love hate relationship.
Coming of Age Story







9 comments:

  1. There's nothing as rejuvenating as spending time with your family. Hope you enjoyed your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve not used Zoom yet! I have had the pleasure of Microsoft teams and hated it!

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been in a zoom meeting yet. But I've seen my grandson do his online classes via zoom. I can hear that other 7 year olds in the class talking and some of the things they say just make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done Zoom for everything this year---book club, church, a book festival in Scotland, a funeral, a doctor's appointment, a wedding, a baby shower!

    Oh, that ice skating looks like great fun. I've never been ice skating on a real pond. I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to do so.

    I can't wait to hear what you think about By the Book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of my daughters dance and musical theater classes have been via Zoom. And this winter she will be taking piano classes that way. It's not ideal, but it's what we have right now. All of my work meetings are via Microsoft Teams and my daughter's schooling is via Google Meets.

    I am glad you were able to see your family a lot and how neat that you made a movie on YouTube with friends!

    I hope you enjoy your reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The COYER community uses Facebook rooms for its book club and book chats so I'm most familiar with it. I'd like to know what genre you prefer to recommend any series. I love series. I'll recommend one set in Minnesota. I'd read Allen Eskens starting with The Life We Bury, or Cork O'Connor series by William Kent Krueger. Happy New Year!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one big snowman! I do my weekly (or so) book club via zoom. Most of my zoom events are planned by my local Yelp community :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m glad you had a break, and were able to spend time with family
    My Zoom interactions have been uneventful.

    Wishing you a great reading week and a happy new year 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's super romantic for sure. My son and friends keep bugging me, but I don't do anything on Zoom.(lol) I do catch up with a lot of crazy things going on around the world via YouTube, when I can. That By the Book sure sounds fun! Happy New Year and please stay safe! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter