Saturday, January 30, 2021

Sunday Post #amwriting #amjoy

via GIPHY


 Today's post will link up to The Sunday SalonThe Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelve, Reader Book Buzz  for weekly updates.

           LOOKING FORWARD TO february


This week I watched '21 ways to get out of a slump' (Aka getting out a rut or revamping lifestyle) , a vlog on YouTube, and it helped me clean up the apartment and focus on self care; including meditation and cooking and organization in the home. Its funny how a video on cleaning can get you up and have your whole room sparkling.
I also took part in a a virtual book club which discussed, Samantha Irby's personal essays, 'Wow, No Thank You.'  I'm obsessed with Samantha's blog" bitchesgottaeat.  Its real authentic and it explores many topics, including trivial stuff that can irk on a daily basis. She talks about the plans we make in a day and how we question those plans, and our fashion choices.  It discusses her comedic life and her life with Crohn's.   


Samantha does not hold back and I can appreciate that.

Photos from my week


Twin Cities upcoming shows

21 Extremely Bad Breakups
Presented by Walking Shadow Theatre Company

Imagine the worst breakup ever. No: even worse than that. Revel in the absurd fears, tender hopes, and unrealized fantasies that make us act like idiots. This charming show about love and its many catastrophes is probably appropriate for a date. Or not. It depends on the date. February 1 – 28, 2021

Watch Party: Friday, February 12 at 7:30pm

Tickets:https://www.walkingshadow.org/streaming/



Hennepin Theatre Trust partners with Minnesota theaters to support programming efforts with Jim Brickman’s Share the Love, LIVE! Virtually livestream concerts Valentine’s Day weekend Feb. 12-14
Tickets at HennepinTheatreTrust.org

Jim Brickman is the best-selling solo pianist of our time earning 22 Number One albums and 34 Top 20 Radio Singles in the industry bible, Billboard Magazine. He’s garnered two Grammy nominations, gospel music’s Dove Award, two SESAC Songwriter of the Year Awards, and the Canadian Country Music Award




That's my week.  Tell me about yours in the comments below.

CURRENTLY 

Reading:
Shuggie Bain will probably bring up some memories from my own childhood. And that picture on the cover.  Wow!

This is a book that I started many years ago and I'm hoping to get to it because there will be a book club reading it soon.





I've been meaning to read more about Jim Carrey because I've been inspired by him and some of his thoughts on life, like how he says 'Your character may need some time rest.'


8 comments:

  1. I need to watch that video, although I'm not sure it'll work as well with me as it did with you. And I definitely need to check out Samantha's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt Karen, sometimes no matter how hard we try our homes never get clean off. But I liked some of her advice about applying lotion, playing with pets, adding new gadgets to organize better.

      Delete
  2. I always love looking at your photos. So interesting! Something about your life and photos reminds me of the classic Sabrina, her dad was a chauffeur and also read a lot.

    Happy reading this week and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did some cleaning this week too. I haven't been highly motivated as of late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for telling us about 21 ways to get out of a slump and Samantha Irby's blog, but why oh why did she stop blogging in 2018????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything we can do for self-care right now! Thanks for sharing this.

    Wow, No Thank You sounds great, too.

    I read A Fine Balance a long, long time ago, but it has always stayed in my mind as one of my favorite reads ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve got a couple of Samatha’s books on my kindle yet to read, it was her honesty that appealed to me.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter