Saturday, December 26, 2020

Sunday Post

via GIPHY






Today's post will link up to The Sunday SalonThe Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelve, Reader Book Buzz  for weekly updates.

           LOOKING FORWARD TO DECEMBER

 Christmas was spent at my brother's house.  We did a lot of old and new traditions including watching basketball on television and singing 'Noel' with my brother leading in tenor. My brother loves to draw my nephew an elaborate picture each year for christmas. It started off as a joke because my brother isn't the best artist so he usually draws stick figures.  This year, he drew a black and white picture of the baseball field(US bank stadium).  All of the MN Twins players were included and each of the family members sitting in the stands, some of us in the nose bleed section.  

We sat in the basement around the fire opening gifts.  I gave my nephew a Rudolph pajama onesie.  My nephew is twenty-four so I'm not sure if he enjoyed the gesture as much I enjoyed the joke behind it.


Have any Holiday Traditions? Share them in the comments below.



CURRENTLY 

Reading:The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by Rachel Cohn

Home Before Dark by Riley Sager

Twelve Day


I'm doing a buddy read  my friend who currently lives in Ohio.  I caught a little bit of this on audio as well.  So far the MC has spoken with a character about a house that she lived in that her father wrote a story about.  And the MC has definitive tone.










Normal People by Sally Rooney
These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong

15 comments:

  1. My condolences on the passing of your birth mother. Glad you could get to spend Christmas with family and I do hope you guys will be a comfort to each other in the days to come.

    Home before Dark is still on my TBR! Hope you enjoy it and let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elza, it pained me a lot to read it in my own post so I had to edit it at one point, but I must come to terms with it.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your time with family for these holidays will be helpful.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anne, I look forward to the new year with a broad and even more grateful heart than I've ever had.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a good time at Christmas. It's fun to break free of trying to do what others do and just do what you feel like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas! Hope you have a good week and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicci. It's great to hear from you again and I look forward to reading your posts in the New Year!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. The onsie sounds funny. Glad you had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Mary, I'm filled with jokes. And I'm grateful more than ever for 2020 and all the ways I've been able to express myself whether it be through my writing or improv or jokes with friends or the numerous comedians and artists whose ideas have helped me develop and all the moments I've been able to take in their artistic talents.

      Delete
  6. Love the story about your brother's artwork. That sounds like quite the fun tradition!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. My brother is a great guy and I love learning about traditions. We also play taboo, and we usually decide between my sister and brother's house who will host. I'm looking forward to the day I'll have a home large enough to host. I know it's in the horizon.

      Delete
  7. The pajama is a good joke, I hope your brother finds it comfy at least ! I wish you a good weak and a happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks. the holiday was real memorable. I remember too, that we like to put the cards in the holiday tree.

      Delete
  8. So glad you got to spend some time with your family.

    Funny things on Zoom.... The funniest I've had is the kids who want to show off all their pets in class. I have so many photos of all my kids and their pets. And if Teacher Mareli let Elza join in on the Zoom meeting, they are ever so happy!

    Have a good week and enjoy the play!! That's going to be good.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas. Hope you enjoy the Riley Sager book. I just finished it recently and thought it was pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter