Friday, November 22, 2019

Tim de La Motte and a 'Beautiful Mess' at TCFF



Tim de La Motte is with me today.  Tim is an actor, producer and comedian with at least ten commercials under his name. He's known for his roles in My TreasureThe Box and Genius.



Tim, your Halo ice cream commercial is fantastic!  What was it like making it?

That Halo commercial was pretty intense. Not only was it long days of shooting, they had me in make-up with prosthetic horns, hooves , a giant coat, and a shawl of fur. We were shooting in an alley and the sound stage and it was pretty hot. I was still green to the business at the time so I didn’t know I could ask for a break. I didn’t know I could be like 'Hey, I could use five minutes to sit in the air conditioning.' So I kept on pushing through and by the second day I was miserable. So there were some outtakes of improvised lines where I was actually grumbling about how miserable I was in the costume. It was a big learning experience.


How long did you have to be in makeup?

Two-twelve hours of days. I was in the makeup chair from six in the morning and not done until seven or eight. What was funny was that Barney Burman was there. Barney is the son of Thomas R. Bunman a comedian from back in the 50s and 60’s. Barney won an Oscar for being on the makeup team of Star Trek (2009) the movie. So he had been doing makeup for my commercial, and I was like ‘Wait this is an Oscar winning makeup guy doing my makeup!’ It was an amazing!




What was your first film?

I was living in New Jersey where I grew up, and I was in this film called 'Twelve and Holding.' I was an extra, and I remember sitting there not knowing what was going on, they call 'Action'!...And I remember ..there was a guy on stage from the movie, Perfect Strangers, and I was like  ‘Oh my god, that’s cousin Appleton (Mark Linn-Baker) in this movie, and I’m an extra in this movie! This is super cool!'  I was hooked on film ever since.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGZWxXFMo6E
You were also in A Beautiful Messdirected by Matt Marlinskin, a short documentary detailing the journey of iamchelseaiam completing her first in studio EP, a project about a break up that evolves into a journey of loss, pain and resilience.


Yes, I stayed friends with the creators Ashley Joyce and Sherra Lasley.  Sherra is still producing incredibly funny stuff , we are pitching Fix Your Life.We're constantly bringing new projects, because we're all in this together.  I think that's one thing we have as a community  We may not have the means to compete at the higher level but if we got each other's back we can compete. 







Contact Tim:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter