Saturday, November 16, 2019

Sunday Post 'Till the Last Spoken Word' poetry slam #amjoy

Lady Gaga Tribute at Minnsky Theater, Mpls






The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

LOOKING FORWARD TO November


I went to see a poetry slam on Wednesday at the Pourhouse, a nightclub in Minneapolis. It was very moving and I met tons of poets and I’m thinking about writing my own poetry. Jandeltha Ray was one of the poet and event organizer. She has her own podcast ifanyonecarespod.com

I also took an improv class and learned about how to pass the spark and how to project. I’m pretty soft spoken naturally so learning this skill is a must! 


I also went to improvathon at Huge this Thursday. There was 28 hours of nonstop improv with at least 50 groups.

This year I stayed for about two hours but I know a few people who were there from 8pm on Wednesday 11/13 until midnight on Thursday 11/14.
Lady Gaga Tribute at Minnsky Theater, Mpls

This must have been so much fun for the improv community because you build camaraderie when you face a challenge of unusual length. You're enjoying something specific that a lot of people don't do. 


I also a few shows. Lady Gaga at Minnsky. This was Jac Fatale and Red Rider from Elite entertainment and the Clayhead Moo Band.
I saw Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf at DreamArts. And finally, I saw A Christmas Carol: Unscripted at Huge theater: It's a Charles Dickens classic. The audience is in control by supplying suggestions and lines of dialogue throughout the performance. It's Scrooge with an improvised twist! (Runs every Saturday by Comedy Sportz till the end of the holiday season) This specific show was inspired by words like Ho-Boy! pancakes, and red blood.

Finally, I took the little one to McDonald’s to play in the play place. He enjoyed it as usual. His teachers say he’s the leader in class and he's no pushover. 

These are some of the improv groups from improvathon. Click on the links to see names and details.

Butts & Beef
Mud Coven
Whereases
The Shrieking Harpies
The Bearded Company
Feel Good About Yourself Orchestra
Crumplestiltskin
Bollyprov
Last Action Movie
 GttMD Kickoff/The Ops Team
Sleepover
Larry the Fable Guy
Hollow Bones
Tracktastic
201: Kelly & Julietta Edition
 The Kid
Ghoulish Endeavors
Sympathetic Magic
Michael and Bret in the Morning
PUPPPETS
 Cloud Wars
Swoon River

CURRENTLY

Reading:  Work Simply:Embracing the Power of Your Personal Productivity Style


ON THE BLOG

What Happened:

play reviews and actor interviews

Up Coming:
Play reviews

Readers if you want to comment, please do so below.

13 comments:

  1. I've never been to a poetry slam but back when I was a teenager I wrote a few poems. They were sooo bad. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool Mary. I've always wanted to be in a slam and I'm sure I'll have a chance one day soon.

      Delete
  2. That nightclub sounds interesting. Enjoy your upcoming week, and read lots of good books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure are keeping busy!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  4. My my my you had a very interesting week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are always so artistic. Have a great week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. That nightclub is one of the coolest I been to. It has a nice lounge area with couches for the performers to feel like VIP. And I didn't know this but now there is a nice ramp near uptown so you can park and not worry if your car is going to get towed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have more guts than I do. I could never do anything like improv. But it sounds like you are having a lot of fun.

    I used to take my daughter to McDonalds play place when she was little. That's a great place for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted to go to a poetry slam. It looks like so much fun.

    I have a friend here who does improv. She is fabulous.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would never voluntarily get in front of people like that. sounds like you have a great time and i look forward to your posts.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poetry isn't really my thing but I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information.. Hide WordPress

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter