Thursday, January 16, 2020

Sunday Post @kimbacaffeinate #amwriting #amjoy

Sunday Post @kimbacaffeinate #amreading #amjoy







The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


           LOOKING FORWARD TO FEBRUARY

Crazy week. I got terribly sick last Sunday night with food poisoning. Once that was over, I got back on the saddle and went to a playwright's critique group in Minnetonka. I found this group on mnplaylist.com , in their classified section. I had to drive 40 minutes in the snow to get there, but I love Minnetonka and all the lakes and how remote it is compared to Minneapolis. I also started learning SQL, online, for free!!!! There's about 20 people in the class and it can be found at learnittools.com

Anyone can take the class so tell your friends about it. It last about six weeks and meets only three times a week for a little over an hour. The next batch starts on March 5th. It'll also be covering things like selenium and java and informatica. I've been doing this for a couple weeks now. And boy is it hard! I don't know if any of you guys have ever worked in IT but the bare bones of what I know comes from the creation of this blog which doesn't say a lot about my IT skills, but I'm trying..I know a lot of women in IT and they say that's where the money is. I figure I'll never give up my hobby in writing, but it will be a change from my full time job in Health care.
Last and final note.  Yesterday I went to see an extreme sport called Skijoring at Canterbury park.  Skiers were pulled by horse back riders and let's just say a lot of people fell down. It was hard not to laugh.


Tell me about the work you do in the comments below.

CURRENTLY

Reading: You were always mine by Nicole Bart, Don’t Cry by Mary Gaitskill, The Lemon Table by Julian Barnes, Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant, Wise Children by Angela Carter


Listening:The Transcriptionist by Amy Roland



Watching:The Masked Singer and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend(Netflix)


ON THE BLOG

Sunday: The Sunday Post

Up Coming:
Interview with Writer

Readers if you want to comment, please do so below.


11 comments:

  1. OMG food poisoning is the worst! I had it once and was so down for days after! Now SQL ...I learned some bits here and there when I had to fine tune something for the blog but really I am a baby! Good luck with these classes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes food poisoning is the worse experience ever!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your class, I'm pretty much computer illiterate. Fortunately I have a son who graduated from college with a Computer Science degree. If I need something done I can entice him home with a meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get you, Karen, it took me like a week just to learn how to download the software for the class. Smart of you to get work down by bribing your son with food.

      Delete
  3. Yikes, food poisoning is the worst! My daughter and I got it after eating at a favorite restaurant. We haven't been able to return!

    Your outings sound wonderful. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, food poisoning is so bad. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, I feel much better and am back at eating junk food...sighs.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your class. I was in IT for many years; I have an MBA in MIS.

    You can also get pulled on skis by dogs. Have a good week! Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know Anne, I may be coming to you for some pointers.

      Delete
  6. Yikes.. Food poisoning is the worst. Glad you're feeling better. And good luck with your classes.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter