Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Sunday Post #amreading #amjoy





Today's post will link up to The Sunday SalonThe Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelves for weekly updates.

LOOKING FORWARD TO september


This week I sent my little one off to head start. 
I also did a stage match improv show. It's basically where people are put in groups and each group has a chance to prove themselves as the best improviser and the audience votes for the best group.  We were given a coach.  My coach was Shay👧😀.  

Coaches are volunteers who direct the warm-ups prior to the show. Warm-ups are necessary to help you feel relaxed and get you in the mood of acting and improvising. Coaches also give you feedback on your acting or something specific your working on. Our group 👯was called 'Who do we appreciate?' A fantastic name if I do say so myself.



via GIPHY


Before we go on stage, we usually give each high-fives and say things like 'You're awesome, You're awesome" and maybe say something Like 'I got your back.'



We get each other amped up before we go on stage. 



In this last stage match, a person had a lisp and was blowing wind through their teeth and a few other characters had Russian accents, and some characters were playing off something that went on an earlier groups' scene-this gets a lot of laughs because it’s like your Rifting or poking fun at another improv group, in a playful manner of course(like a rapper might do this).

So that was my week. Hope you enjoy. Here is another snippet of a story I'm working on.

***
On a Friday morning in Shakopee Minnesota, an officer and a citizen had a chat.

“Now when you say blue dress?  Was it ceruleun or teal?" asked the cop.
“Teal," said the man.
“Are you sure?”
"Yeah, if it was neon or pink, or even a Pancho.  I think I'd know, wouldn’t I?"
“Well, you mentioned that the driver cut in front of you.  Would you say it was five hundred feet in, or a thousand?”

“What difference does it make, officer?  I braked, she rapped, I rolled, I mean really?! Do I need to elaborate?”

“Well now, when you say she rapped and you rolled, was she rapping Jay-Z style, or Flava Flav? Cause those two styles are quite different.”

“She illegally crossed into the shoulder to get in front of me.  Now, I should think you should go and give her a ticket. In fact, here, I have a video of her rapping, as she accosted me on the side of the road.  She’s pretty good, but no matter, you should still give her a ticket."

“Now,” said the officer, “Would you say she was in heels when she got of the car to rap with you?  Or was she in flats? Because heels can make the braking effect quite unsteady.”
"Oh, forget it," said the man.



CURRENTLY

Reading: Hardwiring Happiness by Rick Hanson,This Moment is your Miracle by David Hoffmeister 
Listening: Under the Table by Stephanie Evanovich






ON THE BLOG


Up Coming:
Wordless Wednesday

Readers, please comment below.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun time at improv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try Mary. Each week is different. I'm shocked to learn how many forms of improv there are.

      Delete
  2. The improv sounds like fun. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely fun improv. Each stage match is an opportunity to meet more fantastic performers.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you're enjoying the stage more and more. And I'm glad to see that adding snippets of your writing in these posts is something you're continuing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I love seeing you're creative writing as well.

      Delete
  4. It seems like improv is so much fun for you. I have a friend in her seventies who has done improv all her life, and she loves it. I hope the same for you.

    I hope all went well for your little one at school.

    Hmm. Hardwiring Happiness? I think that sounds like something I should look for.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoy improv so much! It's definitely not something I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are gaining confidence in your improv skills, good for you!

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your little one beginning head start! The Improv stage match sounds like it was a lot of fun and I can tell how passionate you are about it :). Have a great week Trin!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am passionate about improv, I hope infectious.

      Delete
  8. I love the fall routine with school starting. Enjoy your improv - you are so brave!

    Anne - Books of My Heart   

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being brave is pretty much the greatest compliment ever, Anne. I pride myself in this and I'm always looking for the next best thing so if you have any ideas shoot them my way.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter