Sunday, October 9, 2022

Sunday Post #amwriting

via GIPHY

 


 The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


 

LOOKING FORWARD to October


This week I went to 10,000 Laughs.  This is a comic-centered, artist-run stand up comedy festival. It takes place in the Twin Cities audiences with 35+ shows and 80 comedians. On Saturday night, comedian Dulce Sloan performed. Sloan  is a correspondent for The Daily Show with Trevor Noah on Comedy Central




I also went to get new glasses for my son at a clinic on Bandana.  Bandana Square used to be known for the Como Shops of the Northern Pacific Railway (and held a Train Museum)But now its a shopping center and has several health clinics. 

Bandana Square (currently)

Historical info about Bandana Square Pacific Railway and shops within Bandana Square

My son in Bandana Square




 
 I also went to see 46 Plays for America's First Ladies by Theater Pro Rata at the Crane Theater
Read my review Here .

 It was also my birthday this week and my brother sent me a huge check.  He said it was return karma for a relief check he received (I had helped him with the paperwork for this relief check a while ago.)  


I did improv online, and we talked about this idea of an infinite cake on your birthday; like a never ending gobstopper. 





This was my week, how was yours?  Let me know in the comments below.





 

ON THE BLOG


Reading

Love this Christina Lauren book that describes two characters who get a do over.  After a decade apart, childhood sweethearts reconnect.





8 comments:

  1. How lovely of your brother to give back with a fantastic birthday check!

    And the comedy festival sounds like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my brother is a very sweet guy and the comedy festival was way more funny than I even thought

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good week. Happy belated birthday and do let us know what you spend your birthday check on ;) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! And what a nice gift from your brother! Both of your new books look good too. Have a great week and thanks for visiting me on Lisa Loves Literature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa I’ve been reading as much as ever and it’s been great to have some of the book bloggers to send me recommendations

      Delete
  5. I like watching some stand up comics. Some of them are really funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I’m beginning to learn a lot more about them as I am in the scene and it’s nice to have a list of them when you were at our driving for rideshare

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter