Saturday, February 19, 2022

Sunday Post

via GIPHY

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

LOOKING FORWARD TO FEBRUARY

This week I thought I'd answer more questions about myself.



pic of my son, Zulfi



  1. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? I went to see the latest "Spiderman" and it was pretty great.  I liked the idea behind the different dimensions. 
  2. What did you want to be when you were small? I'm still small, lol. No but in all seriousness. I wanted to be spiritual leader or a teacher, which I eventually taught for three years.
  3. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? I would probably go to the Olympics, especially the Winter Olympics. I enjoy watching the figure skating and skiing.
  4. What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most? I listen to KDWB (new pop, hip hop, rock, and some other types) and the classical station.  My car finally has a radio that works after three years so I enjoy it (minus the commercials, self promotions and pledge drives)
    Went to Whole Foods grocery for scones and brownies
  5. Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? Wash the dishes.  When I was a kid, I used to imagine I was a character from Miss Piggle Wiggle and I would try to see how well I could do the dishes because Miss Piggle Wiggle taught important lessons on how to trick your mind into doing things you didn't want to. 
  6. If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? I'd hire Marie Kondo to help me clean and organize my home. I do a bit of hoarding and need some help.
More Pics from my week


One of the many Catholic churches I drove by

That's my week. Tell me about yours in the comments below.

ON THE BLOG

Reading:




I enjoyed this book by Sally Thorne. The main character is building a home and her reinforcements are her brother and best friend.  The main character is not someone you see a lot in chic lit. She's raunchy, funny, bold.  She dresses however she wants and says what she wants. She's not afraid to admit that she's fallen for the occasional drunk.


15 comments:

  1. I remember reading Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle! As a grownup, I can see that her ideas are actually a powerful psychological technique called reframing. It's a very effective way to change the way you look at things.

    And 99 Percent Mine looks fun, too!

    Thanks for sharing a little about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although heartbroken and furious over the ice skating issue, I've really enjoyed watching as much of the Olympics as I could, and will really miss them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, besides the drugs and controversy. it was quite interesting.

      Delete
  3. I wish I could remember which of my elementary school teachers read Mrs.Pigglewiggle to our class. We loved it although it was so didactic.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are we talking vacuuming under everything or a quick whizz around the bits you can see? On balance, I would still choose vacuuming as the machine does most of the work for you :D

    I love your photos, they are so beautiful - especially your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vacuuming under everything lol, who does that? (he he)

      Delete
  5. It was interesting to get to know you a little better!

    The Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books are great. I loved them as a child and still love them as an adult.

    KDWB brought back memories. I used to listen to that station when we lived in the area.

    I hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. if I could hire someone I would go with a cleaning service. I hate cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Winter Olympics too! And I would definitely hire someone to help with house cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would definitely hire someone to do the cleaning too. I don't mind cleaning but I love someone to come in and do a deep clean once a month.
    Your son was adorable in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer Aniston plays a role in a movie as a cleaning woman, it's quite humbling.

      Delete
  9. I loved Mrs Piggle Wiggle as a child and bought hard covers as an adult. In addition to the great lessons, the illustrations are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, makes me want to open a book cover right now.

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter