Sunday, February 13, 2022

Sunday Post

via GIPHY

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

LOOKING FORWARD TO February





Here are some ride share stories that I heard this week while driving for Uber. 

Stealing cars at 16

I picked up a girl while driving for ride share who was on their way to St. Paul community college.

“Are you in post secondary?” I asked.

Mural in Twin Cities


(Assuming that she was taking college courses while in high school)

“ oh what’s that?” She asked.

(Me feeling real old right now)

I explained it to her.

“ they call that Gateway. But yeah… I’m taking courses to cover the classes I missed while in juvie”

“Oh, what we’re you in juvie for?” I asked.

“For stealing 🚘 cars and selling drugs”

(And you’re sitting in the back of my car.)

“How old are you?”

“16. I spent seven months in juvie. The food isn’t good and sometimes they put you amongst people who have committed homocide. Sometimes you’ll be in a room and be forced to stay 🤫 quiet.”

Nuns with Alzheimers pray

Alzheimer’s clients live at Catherines in St. Paul Minnesota said my a ride share client who told me that she works double shifts during the pandemic.

At Saint Catherine’s university they have a separate nursing award for Alzheimer’s clients.And a lot of the residents are nuns.

“They still pray a lot even though they have Alzheimer’s” said client who is a nursing assistant that works at St Kates.


cast of Fearless 5 (photo courtesy of Fearless Comedy)




Upcoming shows
Fearless Comedy annual New play festival Feb 11,12,18,19,25,26 @Mounds Historical theater

I went to this musical show yesterday. Look forward to posting a review soon.


ON THE BLOG


That's my week. Tell me about yours in the comments below.


9 comments:

  1. It's been a pretty boring week here, covid numbers are rising, they had to put a mask mandate back into effect, but most people just ignore it, so I'm staying close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I bet you felt a little nervous with a passenger who told of stealing cars. Or maybe, having spent time in juvie, the passenger will not even think about doing that again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully she saw how bad juvie is and makes sure she never goes back there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Uber stories! I'm sure you hear a lot of interesting things. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Uber stories are interesting. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly hear a lot of slices of life with these Uber clients.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You must meet some interesting people as an Uber driver! Keep good notes for a future book!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter