Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Sunday Post

via GIPHY

 


           LOOKING FORWARD TO NOVEMBER


Fun week. I helped read the Superman script with a group of actors on ZOOM. (I was the narrator). The script is like 120 pages long.  Some of the most memorable were lines like "Its not a bird, not a plane, its Superman " and  "Up, Up and away."  If you'd like to watch a little bit of it, it was posted on YOUTUBE

A pic with the Doc Cooper (improv) class(Me bottom left)
Superman Script reading






This week I searched for a new car and found myself going back and forth between my makes like: Hyundai, and other makes like Toyota and Nissans. I guess a few dealerships have not been making new cars because China has put a halt on making the chips necessary so a few cars are overpriced currently.
 
This week has flown by due to the fact that I've picked up more hours at my job and I've been planning to see more holiday shows in the coming weeks. 

Upcoming shows

The romantic and adventure-filled new musical Anastasia  is at home in Minneapolis at last! From the Tony Award-winning creators of the Broadway classic Ragtime, this dazzling show transports us from the twilight of the Russian Empire to the euphoria of Paris in the 1920s, as a brave young woman sets out to discover the mystery of her past. Pursued by a ruthless Soviet officer determined to silence her, Anya enlists the aid of a dashing conman and a lovable ex-aristocrat. Together, they embark on an epic adventure to help her find home, love and family.


When? December 7 - 19 where? Hennepin Trust








ON THE BLOG



I picked up this book because it's supposed to echo some of Alfred Adler's views on psychology

Fun story.. I picked up "The Family" because I was at the gym and an afternoon talk show was doing an interview with Naomi Krupitsky and I decided to get the book at that exact same moment. So far the book kind of echos "My Brilliant Friend" (which I adored)
Synopsis The novel is about two best friends Sofia Colicchio and Antonia Russo. As neighbors in Brooklyn, New York, both of the girls' fathers are members of the Italian mafia. Their yin-and-yang friendship seems like it will last a lifetime as they grow into young women with families of their own
I liked this "Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe." There's gender reversals and its a modern story with the Main characters living in New York during the holiday season.  The main character Darcy (female) plays a snob who is a millionaire.  My one gripe would be that the Darcy doesn't interact with her love interests for very long, so there's a lack of believability in my opinion.
I was beginning to like "A Convenient Christmas" because the main character is someone who decorates rich people's homes for a living and I love that Idea and I might have had a job like that in a previous light and it reminded me of one of the most beautiful town homes I had been to as a kid, when my sister was house sitting and it over looked a frozen lake. 

A magical holiday love story set at the glamorous Plaza Hotel in New York City. ... A struggling journalist, Sabrina can't believe her luck: a paycheck and six nights in her own suite at the Plaza. She feels like Eloise, the heroine from her favorite children's books.
Even though the synopsis describes mostly the heroine, what I remembered the most was the male protagonist who is supposed to be the assistant to a LORD from some country in Europe and he fakes as being the Lord to impress Eloise.  I went back and forth between liking this novel and not.  Mostly I'll read any book with NY city setting and I loved the little dates that these two went on and it went into depth about a very expensive restaurant in NY which I think was called the "Red Roof" and I wondered if it really existed because it was like on the 12th floor of building and sounded very ritzy. 













28 comments:

  1. That must have been so much fun, reading the narrator part in Superman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It was exhilarating and helped me think about script writing in general.

      Delete
  2. Lots of lovely Christmas reading!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun reading! I know what you mean about time flying by when you're busy at work. Enjoy your Christmas reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are all a lot of fun and help me get out of my head a bit.

      Delete
  4. A Magical New York Christmas sounds delightful. It would be wonderful to have a job where you get to live, as a bonus, in a cool place.

    I've had Hyundais, and I've had Hondas (lots and lots of them), but my favorite is my Toyota. I've not had one single problem with it in eleven years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I've had a lot of great experiences with Asian makes and prefer them because of small stature. I had a real bad experience with a Camry, that wouldn't start when it rained.You can imagine the pitfalls of owning a car like that.

      Delete
  5. I was glad to hear your thoughts on A Magical New York Christmas. I was considering reading it, but thought I would probably feel similar to what you described. I still might read it, but won't rush out to get it.

    I imagine this is not a fun time to be in the market for a new car.

    Doing a Zoom read through of the Superman script sounds fun! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It would be nice if you could do ZOOM calls with car dealerships without an appt. I know Carvana does similar things that.

      Delete
  6. I have had trouble commenting. Trying again!

    I have enjoyed driving both Toyotas and Nissans. Great choices.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been considering Nissan. I few of them have a modern look about them, including leather seats which is bonus!

      Delete
  7. Superman and Batman have always been my favorite super heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm adding The Family to my list! I enjoy My Brilliant Friend and the other three books in that series, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad JoAnn, I'm sure you're going to enjoy it.

      Delete
  9. I can't believe November is over. How exciting that you will be seeing more holiday shows!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, May you have a great Holiday as well.

      Delete
  10. The Superman Zoom sounds like fun. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The last two books look like great reads - I am loving my Christmas romances! Have a great time watching Anastasia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, I'll be looking forward to any holiday recs on your blog as well.

      Delete
  12. Houses and cars are both overpriced right now. I'm not stuck to a particular brand of car. I tend to look at the features and value to decide, and the service records /availability. My brother has had Toyota and Hyundai and I've had a Nissan. But now we have electric. He has a Tesla and I have a Chevy Volt. I'm glad I bought a house before COVID. Good luck in finding what you want. Stay well.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with car shopping! When I have enough money saved, I'll probably just buy my parents' car. They hate it and want a new one. That sounds easier than getting one from a dealership!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband and I were just talking about the issues with chips and cars, not that it matters to us though, our car, a Toyota Landcruiser is 30 years old. I hope you find something you like.
    The Superman read through sounds fun

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  15. Buying a car is really stressful! I hope you find a choice that’s really good for you.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Family sounds good!

    Ugh...car shopping. I will probably have to do that when I get back to L.A. Not looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see a few books I may end up reading. I don't like going car shopping because the sales people beeline it toward you. I like to take my time and look around without someone standing over my shoulder informing me about ever detail of the car.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Buying a car camn be such a pain, I feel for ya! Lots of good reading on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always thought they said “it’s a bird… it’s a plane… it’s superman.”
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pride Prejudice and Mistletoe. Adding to my TBR. Thanks. Have a lovely month! Cheers! My Sunday Salon post

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter