Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Sunday Post

via GIPHY


 

           LOOKING FORWARD TO November

I got further along in "Taste."  Stanley Tucci's memoir talks about how his mother used to watch Julia Child religiously and how she would make comments like "Oh, that’s how you do it." 
He talked about attending the Deauville film fest in France.  And and later attending photo shoots in Paris and how this can be a very tedious part of his job.

And Stanley shared how he had to go to the actors union  in New York to get help on his rent because he was unemployed and they offered him shoes, because according Union Members actors do a ton of walking due to all the auditions they take. Tucci also has a show on HBO max called Searching for Italy. Unfortunately I don't get Hulu or HBO or any of these other streaming shows like Peacock, Amazon, Apple TV (The list goes on and on..)

Photos 
view from my Home.

Upcoming Shows


Huge Theater is having its annual show Family Dinner
An improvised show while actors eat dinner

Guthrie is showing Christmas Carol. Tickets at guthrietheater.org ( This show was recently in the
news because there was a disruption that ended the show this week by a crazed woman in the audience who was shouting.


ON THE BLOG

The Holiday Switch by Tio Marcelo.  I thought this one would be similar to "The Holiday" but its more like The Twelve Days of Dash and Lilly.  Synopisis Two Rival with two very big secrets. work together during the holidays+_098788ik,
I finished this book in one week and I loved it! The main character is a highs school blog writer (score!) and she reviews holiday books.  She debates whether med school or a career in writing is worth her time and energy. Her love interest is adoring but not at first! I just love love love this, and can't recommend it enough.

3 comments:

  1. Stanley Tucci had a short series on CNN about Italy. It looked good but I didn't have a chance to watch it. His book sounds interesting. Love the view from your house. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to a performance of A Christmas Carol at the Guthrie. I would love to see it again some day. A picture out my window would look a lot like yours, we got about four inches of snow last night.

    I've heard lots of good things about the Tucci book.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that Tucci memoir... the audio version was amazing. Searching for Italy was on CNN and you might still be able to get it there on demand.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter