Saturday, November 27, 2021

Sunday Post #amwriting

via GIPHY

 


           LOOKING FORWARD TO NOVEMBER

I had a great Thanksgiving filled with pumpkin cheesecake and turkey legs (I only eat dark meat). My sister held the gathering at her house and invited her ex -boyfriend's family. So that was fun getting to know them (wink).
I found myself in a corner of the house (with my son) reading a bit. I also helped my brother drive DoorDash.  He didn't realize you can pick and choose how far you want to travel before you "accept" an order.  We came across a situation where we had two extra pizzas and we made two families quite happy with the donation.

This week I found myself reading and meeting new people through scriptcamp.net This is a place where you can talk to writers about your screenplay and get feedback from professional producers.  Simply download the discord app and/ or go to https://discord.me/scriptcamp and you'll be texting and talking on mic to other screenwriters. I learned about the blacklist which is an annual survey of the "most-liked" motion picture screenplays not yet produced. I read "Apex" and "The Saturday Night Ghost Club" screenplays.  

So that was my week.  How was yours?

                                Photos

My son helping out with clean-up

Friday Delight (improv) Theater (Me bottom left)


A fun Pic from last week's Improvathon (HUGE Theater)



Upcoming shows

THE SANTA CLAUSE: A Drinking Game-Minnesota
Come see some of the Twin Cities finest actors and improvisers perform a LIVE stage reading of this new holiday classic with props, costumes, puppets, music, fight and dance choreography, and, of course, DRINKING!
Produced by Shadow Horse Theater, LLC in association with Embassy Jack
Where? Phoenix Theater
When?Dec 4, 10:30pm









ON THE BLOG


I liked "Fool Me Twice" which has to do with a fake engagement over the holidays. But there was something about this book that reminded me of one I read in the past that has the same premise (just not on the holidays).  If I find out which book it is I may just write a review because Wow!! I don't know how the books could be so similar.


Synopsis: Noel who suddenly finds it harder and harder to keep her attraction for her longtime friend in check, and the sexy, hesitant Nick who may not be as heartbroken about his recent breakup as he thought
I thought I would like this one a little more than I did, but the main character gets back from the war and finds his gf has cheated on him and then his new love interest gets in a cat fight with the girl and I  didn't like that as much.

Synopsis A story about a used table that Lauren Mabrey buys from a furniture store. There's a history that comes with the table. It's a time split novel 
There's a lot of hype about this one but I think its supposed to be like a classic like "The Night Before Christmas." It was hard for me to get into.






15 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I've found that so many books follow the same formula that they leave you feeling like you'd read that story before, many times. I've been doing better at researching as much info as I can get about a book before reading it to try to avoid wasting my time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its True Karen, society wants what it wants, lol. and romance books are no different.

      Delete
  2. So interesting about blacklist. I actually read The Saturday Night Ghost Club this Fall and loved the book. I think it could make a good film. Sounds like you had a very nice Thanksgiving and hope you continue to enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like Thanksgiving was interesting ;)
    It’s great you have found such a valuable resource in fellow script writers.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love with what you fill your life with Trin!

    Have a good week ahead and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an intriguing holiday you had!

    Fool Me Twice sounds like a movie I saw a few years ago. I think it had Sandra Bullock and it was called The Engagement.

    Feedback on your script? Invaluable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have more trouble with romance books feeling too similar and that's why I read so many genres. I'm glad you had a happy and interesting Thanksgiving!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos and books! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the week. Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scriptcamp sounds like fun and very interesting. That happens with romances sometimes. The books seem very similar. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that gif! So glad you're Thanksgiving was fun, I prefer breast meat so we would be able to share a turkey with no falling out😂. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this year, my sister tried to cook two turkeys in the oven, and boy did it take a long time.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you had quite the Thanksgiving. Scriptcamp sounds really cool. Such a great way to get feedback on your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pumpkin cheesecake sounds so good. I had my daughter, grandson and my grandson's dad over. We had a large whole chicken that I made since they don't like turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You holiday sounds lovely...wanting some of that cheesecake..lol The holiday books all look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter