Friday, June 21, 2019

Sunday Post #amreading #amjoy



Today's post will link up to The Sunday SalonThe Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelves for weekly updates.

LOOKING FORWARD TO AUGUST

This week I went to the Fringe. The festival takes place every summer, usually during the first two weeks in August. It is an eleven-day event, which features performing artists of many genres and disciplines.  Minnesota hosts one of many Fringe Festivals in North America. 
I saw "Stuck in an Elevator with Patrick Stewart" put on by Theater Cosmic, a Twin Cities theater.  Find them on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheatreCosmic/?ref=br_rs

Synopsis: Sir Patrick once again finds himself stuck in an elevator at a science fiction convention, this time with not one, but two admirers: Daniel (Travis Bedard), his friend from the original elevator all those years ago; and Miranda (Ali Daniels), a young convention worker who will come face-to-face with her greatest challenge. Meanwhile, as chaos ensues at the convention, the bitter, veteran convention organizer Gretchen (Tanaya E. Walker) finds herself ensnared by two young cosplayers (Destiny A. Davison and Camille Isodora Smith).

There are still excited fans and hard-working but beleaguered convention workers. But times have changed, and with the rise of toxic masculinity in fandom, this time the stakes are higher than ever.

The struggle for power, identity, and hope for the future explode in this epic saga of the diverse heroes who will rise against the dark forces of raging fanboys and save us all.

Review:If you're a Star Trek fan, you'd love this show! I almost died laughing. The quick-witted humor by all characters was A-MAZING!! The cast only had to give each other a look, and soon after you'd feel the audience crackle. That's how in sync they were. There were moments when I admit- 'I was frightened '...but I guess it just evoked some childhood memories that had to do with all out fangirling and taking the parents a little too seriously. Was I Star Trek fan before I saw this? Well, honestly NO, but thanks to this show I really see myself going to Comic Con, maybe I'll see another Patrick Stewart look-a-like and salute him like I did today.


Readers please comment below and thanks for visiting.

CURRENTLY


ReadingThe Third Mrs. Durst by Anne Aguirre, The Girl Who Lived Twice by David Lagercrantz, She was the Quiet One by Michele Campbell
Watching: Some Fringe Previews to see what to watch next.


ON THE BLOG


Up Coming:
Wordless Wednesday
 By the way, I also went Kayaking on Lake Harriet. By myself,people!!! I took my inflatable yellow kayak (which looks like a huge banana) and pumped it up using my electric car pump and dragged it into the water.  Here's a great picture of the lake on that day.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you had fun kayaking. I love Star Trek, all of the shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary--I may go out this weekend as well. Cross my fingers that the weather holds out.

      Delete
  2. I'm a fan of Star Trek, and have not heard about this movie. I definitely plan to check this one out, and thanks for such a great review! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RO-it was really fantastic. I know I'm a little more inspired to watch some more Star Trek episodes.

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter