Sunday, June 9, 2019

Sunday Post/Sunday Salon @redeyetheater #amjoy








The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Review

           LOOKING FORWARD TO june


So this week I went to Hudson, Wisconsin.  We decided to sit near the lake and there were parts that were flooded over,  near a playground and it was kind of neat.  I took tons of pictures
and it was really pretty.

I also went Kayaking on Come lake, and went to Como zoo.  I saw a lot of my friends there(The monkeys, lol)




I saw an interpretive dance at Cowles theater- put on by Red Eye Theater.  In the backdrop, a prerecorded film of the dancers played and performers played the sitar and musical saw and violin. Cowles Theater has the capacity to do a lot with special effects and light and there was just so much to take in.  I closed my eyes for a bit and meditated.  Later I congratulated a few of the dancers on their performance.  I like it when the audience and the performers seem to know and you begin to notice how connected they are.  
I wrote these two little snippets for my writers group the other day, it's based on a true story and we had two minute writing prompts... I hope you enjoy.

I’ve made a few  mistakes in my writing life.   Writing mistakes that have to do with essays in high school, mistakes on writing tests.


But I remember this mistake vividly.  I sat down for the 10th grade state standard test.  For some reason they spread us all throughout the school.  Maybe to eliminate the likelihood of cheaters, and I was in the library with five other individuals.  I was just sitting there-my charming ole’ self -and who sat next to me-no other than ‘Gerry Mettis'.  Everyone who was anyone knew who he was, and everyone who was no one, knew who Gerry was.  He was point guard for the Patriot’s basketball team. 

He told us all what he was going to write about: “If I could be anyone in the world he said, “I’d be a pimp.”
A roar in the library came thereafter, and of course I asked.  “Why Gerry, why would you want to be a pimp?” Story 2**

When a little kid named Steve started chasing me around overnight camp with some prickly pine needles, I don’t remember thinking at that time, that Steve had a crush on me.   
I remember thinking:This damn kid better leave me the f#@! alone before I go and tell my brothers.
My brothers went to camp with me and when they found out that a round, pudgy kid named Steve was chasing me around with pine needles, they did what all brothers do best:  they told him where he could fine more of the fine, prickly varieties. Readers, I hope you have a good week and please comment below.




ON THE BLOG

Reading:Free to Focus by Michael Hyatt,The Lady from the Black Lagoon by Mallory O'Meara, The Life of An Unknown Man by Andrei Makine

16 comments:

  1. The lake photo is pretty. I love lakes like that where it seems so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story snippets, hope you expound on them, either fact or fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I got a lot of laughs when I read them outloud for a writers group. Audiences help a lot in writing.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely trip

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very lovely. Can't wait to go back, luckily Hudson is just a skip, hop and jump away from where I live.

      Delete
  4. That's a beautiful spot to photograph. It looks like you had a great time!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I have plans to go to a few places in Wisconsin this summer and if you have any ideas of where to go, shoot them my way.

      Delete
  5. The lake is lovely...and so are the writing snippets. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great the weather is nice enough to get out more. Have a great week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Anne, the weather has been holding out in Minnesota. And I love days when you can feel the wind on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Nicci. Wish I lived Hudson, right about now.

      Delete
  9. Welcome to Satta Matka Old fastest matka result website, We provide super fast matka result of Kalyan Matka, Madhur Matka, Old Main Mumbai, Old Mumbai Day, Milan Matka, Rajdhani Matka,Time Bazar Matka and Etc.One of the important things about the various games is to earn money online. Even though you are not aware of the Satta Matka, which is an online Matka game, you will be good at it. Also, sometimes, it will be quite good to have things in a wide range for overcoming your problems in a better way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betturkey giriş adresine buradan ulaşabilirsiniz.
    betturkey giriş
    1Q0

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter