Saturday, June 29, 2019

Sunday Post #amreading #amjoy


via GIPHY




The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Tynga's Reviews
Sunday Salon

LOOKING FORWARD TO JUNE

This week I went to Murder on the Mississippi. It combined performance, art, education, and entertainment. During the performance, actors dressed in 1800's attire were moving around

Murder on the Mississippi Cast




a paddleboat and delivering scripted dialogue and engaging in audiences' questions that revolved around solving a mystery. It was fun. I still remember sitting near the bow of the boat and listening to a woman who reminded me of a character in Titanic talking to a very inebriated audience member about her murder weapon of choice.

Pool at Four Points Hotel, Bloomington
On Thursday, I stayed at the Four Points (Sheraton) hotel for free. The swimming pool wasn't working but I had fun by roaming around and talking to out -of -towners and taking pictures.





CURRENTLY

Reading: Under the Harrow by Flynn Berry (Uk thriller), When All is Said by Anne Griffin


Listening: Ted Talk on The Magical Science of Storytelling given By David JP Phillips

Watching: Always be My Maybe, The Space Between Us









ON THE BLOG


Up Coming: Silent Wednesdays


Readers if you want to comment, please do so below.




19 comments:

  1. That Murder on the Mississippi trip sounds like it was fun. Staying at a hotel sounds fun too, even if the pool wasn't working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Bryan, it really was. I loved talking to the actors on the boat and it was actually a nice (not-to-hot) day.

      Delete
  2. I'm a mystery fanatic, I would have loved that Murder on the Mississippi. And I don't know how you ended up staying at the Sheraton for free, but sounds like you had a really fun week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Karen, one of the greatest things about the Murder on Miss. experience was following actors up and down the deck as they scripted to one another.

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to do one of those murder mystery events - it sounds like the one you attended was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. I hope I have the chance to go to more untraditional theater venues soon!

      Delete
  4. What a fun adventure you had at the theater. I read an article in the paper this morning about how inventive actors are getting. There's a play currently running in Houston that is very odd. You buy tickets to the show and then you receive the address where it will be presented the day of the show. It takes place in a person's home, in the bathroom, and the actress is in the tub!

    I've been seeing a lot on blogs about Always Be My Maybe. I'll be interested in seeing what you think.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A show in the bathroom, that's a new one for me.

      Delete
  5. Murder on The Mississippi sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real fun Nicci, I met the writer last week and he's an actor himself.

      Delete
  6. I’ve always wanted to take part in one of those Murder Mystery events, and a paddle boat is such an awesome setting for it!

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paddle Boats are pretty fun. I still remember a time when I was sitting on a loan kayak next to one of those great boats and boy did I feel small.

      Delete
  7. Murder on the Mississippi looks fantastic - I've love to do that!

    Hope you have another great week and enjoy your reads.

    Flora
    Here's my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flora, anything on the Mississippi is pretty great, glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  8. Murder on the Mississippi sounds like it was a lot of fun, and I just love the pictures! I hope you have a wonderful week :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindy, I tried to dress the part myself, but 1800's fashion get-ups are hard to come by, I made do with what I could.

      Delete
  9. What a great month! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Laurel. Glad to see you're still getting around.

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter