Saturday, April 27, 2019

Sunday Post #amreading #amjoy @kimbacaffeinate




The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

           LOOKING FORWARD TO MARCH

This week I didn't do a whole lot.  I went to play Frisbee golf at Red Oaks Park and was greeted by woodsy areas that you wouldn't want your Frisbee to get caught in, and huge hills. 
I also went to a big indoor playground with my toddler.  It's a good thing I'm extremely short because I was able to fit in a lot of the tiny spaces.
 I did  see a play at the University of Minnesota, put on by the MFA program.  It was pretty good.  One of the scenes was absolutely fantastic.  It had to do with a real estate agent and a buyer.  They real estate agent shows the buyer a condo and begins to vent about how hard it is to be a part time actor and agent and get paid, even though his girlfriend told him that selling property is all about acting.  Then the buyer gets in his business and tells him, he has no girlfriend and he's been stalking him and knows that he's in fact gay and saw him in a romantic entanglement through his bedroom window.  They end up fighting on stage and I love fight scenes-they're so dramatic!
But that's about it.  Not much else, please do comment about your week though.

CURRENTLY

Reading: Scythe by Neal Shusterman and Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams



Listening: Carpool Karaoke with James Corden (my favorite is the one with Paul McCartney)


ON THE BLOG

Current: The Sunday Post, Stacking the Books

Up Coming:


Readers if you want to comment, please do so below.

21 comments:

  1. Cute puppies! Frisbee Golf sounds fun! I haven't played in a lot of years! How fun that you got to enjoy the big indoor playground with your toddler! It sounds like you had a pretty great week.

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lindy I did, I guess I was putting it mildly that I hadn't really done a whole lot, because now looking back on it I really did a lot!

      Delete
  2. I've become a play enthusiast lately. College productions are usually affordable, so that's what we typically attend.

    This week was extraordinarily busy for me, and this weekend is, too. I'll be heading off in a little while to volunteer at an outdoor event for the wildlife refuge in our area. It should be great weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd invite you to share a link at the Sunday Salon on my blog, too. I've recently taken over the hosting job and I'd love to have you join in and then visit other bloggers. I hope to encourage more book talk in the world.

      Delete
    2. Okay Deb, I'll definitely look into the Sunday Salon link you mentioned. Thanks so much for sharing, and glad to head about your volunteer work at the wildlife refuge. If there's one thing I learned, it's that giving back can balance the cards.

      Delete
  3. We used to meet up at those indoor playgrounds, a whole group of friends and their kids. It was fun for the kids and fun for the adults.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, any opportunity where adults can actually have fun alongside their kids I'm all for. One other thing that's really fun do to with kids is Children's museum which I tend to frequent a lot.

      Delete
  4. The play you saw sounds good. I also loved taking my kids...and then my grandkids to those indoor playgrounds. I would watch and get in a little reading.

    Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel. Yes indoor playgrounds are so much fun. I could spend a good three hours at those with my lil' one and I really remember enjoying them as a kid.

      Delete
  5. Those play places for toddlers always look fun for them. I used to take my daughter to places like that but most of the time it was at the play place at McDonalds since we lived so close to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's one more reason to love McDonald's, thanks to those play places.

      Delete
  6. The play place looks like a ton of fun! I'm also pretty short so I'm always glad that I can still make my way up those things. I'm not sure if we have anything like that around here but I'm going to check. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Tina, do check and thanks for being a newcomer to my blog and stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Awww, look at those puppies! That play does sound interesting. I hope you have a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an interesting play! I was always worried my kids would get stuck on one of those playgrounds, there was no way I’d fit

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Shelly, I too get worried. I get worried that my son is going to follow one of the big kids straight out of the play place and follow him home. Some parents actually put tracking devices in their lil' one's shoes for reasons such as that.

      Delete
  9. I LOVED Scythe! I hope you enjoy it. That playground is it in Maple Grove? My daughter played there many times.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in Plymouth/Golden Valley. I hope I enjoy Scythe as well.

      Delete
  10. Finally, something that short people can really be good at!(lol) Looks like loads of fun too! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frisbee Golf? I never heard of that one. Sounds fun! ;)
    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter