Monday, April 1, 2019

Weekend Writing Warriors / #8sunday / 07/07/19



Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, the weekly hop for everyone who loves to write! Sign up below with your name, blog and email and share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday. Your post needs to be live between 12:00 noon on Saturday 07/06/19 and 09:00 AM on Sunday 07/07/19. Visit the other participants on the list and read, critique and comment on their 8sunday posts.www.wewriwa.com

    Blurb  ****Sandra is struggling to find purpose in her life after she's fired from her job. She was able to get some part time work in health care when comes across an ad on craigslist for free dresses. She hopes at least one of the dresses will bring her luck for her next job interview, but it's only after she picks up the dresses that she realizes there's a mystery to be solved.

Snippet

**

This must be a mistake. Get your shoes on everyone,hurry up. Make sure John’s awake. ”
“Where we going?" Resident, George, asks.
Where are we going?
I flick the cursor over the page. Watson. I search for my phone. Damnit, where's that? I flip over my backpack to see if it’s under there, the contents spill out from the unclosed zipper: my compact falls to the ground but I catch my chromebook that’s sitting next to it. Jeez that was close.







3 comments:

  1. The details make this passage come alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the panic when she can't find the phone. Oh, yeah. Been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The details make this passage come alive.
    writing

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter