Saturday, September 1, 2018

#8Sunday, Weekend Writing Warriors #8sunday_writers

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, the weekly hop for everyone who loves to write!  Sign up on the website:Wewriwa.com and share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday.


No one likes it when their family life changes.  This is particularly hard for the Radtke's.  A troublesome girl named Tracey enters their lives and the children are an endless journey to make sure this girl doesn't get into any further trouble or cause their parents to lose their fostering license.  These are snippets from my second novella in the series, "Oh Tracey."

Last week
You’d think by the fourth hello that she’d get the fact that the caller hung up.
I gathered that Tracey came from a complicated family after reading a file that my mother, Roseann, mistakenly left on the counter. Her grandmother raised her after her mother was sought as an unfit parent. Her mother was still in and out of her life. Surely, Tracey’s grandmother must have came from a generation that didn’t use phones as a weapon to verbally abuse people. I take that back, her grandmother probably didn’t even have a phone when she was Tracey’s age.
Tracey got up and climbed up the stairs to the attic.  She came back down and walked over to where her charger was plugged into the wall, unplugged it, she tossed it into her huge burlap sack with a few other cords, hanging over the side like hanging vines from a potted plant. I nodded at her from my place at the couch.

This Week

She wiped at her face and picked up another energy drink from the floor before sitting on the couch across from me with a huff.
“You okay?” I asked.
“Fine,” she said.
I turned to look at the program on TV. A rerun of ‘Full House.’ Michelle Tanner was running in the room and saying, ‘You got to come here. You got to come here,’ and of course everyone came running: the dad, who was a widower, the uncles who strangely lived with the Tanners, and the sister.
I went upstairs to my room and saw Tracey’s diary on her bed. The cover was filled with about a hundred flowers connected to each other with vines and leaves. It had a wax seal finish that made it look shiny and on the side a six inch magnetic strip that helped clasp it close.


Readers, please comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter