Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Endangered Features:The Art of Baking from Scratch




After seeing the early emerging signs of the chocolate holiday ahead aka Valentine's day.  I wanted to do some research on the best chocolate blogs and see what makes chocolate blogs unique.

www.lakechamplainchocolates.com  I congratulate this business blog by Lake Champlain Chocolates and a post entitled spread chocolate cheer

Don't mind if I do..  I think, gazing out at their beautiful boxes of chocolate and an arrangement  of row upon row of chocolates I never seen before.  I'm like Forest Gump thinking life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get.


http://www.chocablog.com This blog is unique in that it has exactly what I was looking for a chocolate tier dessert.  Now why am I looking for a tier dessert well after watching the movie The Departed there was a scene for which Matt Damon is eating a elegant tier dessert with his co-star Vera Farmiga and I was like I got to see more tier desserts.

 So here is one called chocolate-mille-feuille/ on this blog.  Here is another tier dessert called dalek-chocolate-cake wow very tall, its like the Eiffel tower version of a chocolate cake. 

If those blogs weren't enough for you William Curley has this business website called William Curley Pattisier Chocolatier and it has the most couture chocolates I've ever seen.  Chocolates with big chocolaty ribbons that loom over pastries like big waterfalls.

www.chocolateandzucchini.com This blog by Clotilde is absolutely amazing because it has all kinds of chocolates mixed with other food combinations that you never thought possible.  Coussin-de-lyon/ is a chocolate pillow dessert popular in France.

 It reminds me of desserts that I used to eat long ago at my Grandmother's house. I come from a long line of women who only eat desserts from scratch, (not box cakes and such) so I would love to come back to this blog and learn some more about the art of baking from scratch. 

 I like the fact this blog also has a vertical Paris garden wall.  I've never seen anything like it.  The writer also has a Chocolate-and-pistachio-surprise-cake-recipe




share

Follow me on Twitter