Sunday, June 11, 2023

Sunday Post

 

 

LOOKING FORWARD to MAY



Hello everyone.  This week on the Tandem (Language app) we had an indie artist come and play guitar . He played some Irish folk tunes. I think it's such a talent to pick up an instrument and play it out of the whim.


Zulfiqar(6 years)




I also did some online improv and met a friend for lunch in the middle of week. Having a ride-share job where you choose your own hours makes it easy to change your schedule on a whim, so its nice to go meet my friends spontaneously.

I had my fire alarm fixed because the battery kept beeping well into the night.  there are several tasks in my home, that are quite impossible for me to do, like putting the AC in the window and fixing anything out of reach, Thank God for our maintenence crew in the building.





 

ON THE BLOG




Reading


The story follows Hannah, a woman's whose past has shaped her into the person she is today. She works as a bodyguard, and it would take just the right guy to right guy to scale her walls and discover the soft center she hides beneath her bristly and business-like exterior. So when Hannah's estranged mother passes away and her support system crumbles around her, she hopes that burying herself in work with protect her from all of the unwelcome emotions that are creeping up on her. But when a new assignment - protecting a famous but reclusive actor - starts spiraling out of control, Hannah is left reeling



I'm loving this book by Agapi Stassinopoulous.  It's a memoir that includes several short stories from Agapi's life.  It was recommended by Oprah Winfrey's book club. I feel like it's a reminder to us all on how to keep authentic to ourselves and to our heart.


Agapi Stassinopoulos was born and raised in Athens, Greece. At age 18, she entered the prestigious Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London and afterward became a member of the Young Vic. She moved to the United States to do film and television





3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that Katherine Center book. Need to read the Lucy Score one too! The biggest problem for me owning my own home is that the things that need to be fixed I can't do by myself. I need to find a company that does those types of things. I'm just always nervous about picking one that is a scam or something. I hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wished I could play the piano.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bodyguard looks good. I have to add that to my wishlist. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter