Saturday, January 14, 2023

Sunday post

via GIPHY

 

 

LOOKING FORWARD to January


This week I spent some time dubbing indian films with other improvisers and it was absolutely hilarious. A lot of scenes had to do with people upset about eating their vegetables. 

My son Zulfi insisted I buy him an alien costume on Amazon. It's pretty cute. He has a similar Alien costume on Roblox. 

What is Roblox?

Roblox is a virtual universe that lets you create, share experiences with friends.  It has games like "Among Us" and a couple of my favorite "Block Fall" and "Mine Craft"


I also did some virtual improv. Doing it from your phone can be tough  because of ZOOM features like turning on and off your mic. We did some tongue twisters like the one below



My son putting together Star Wars LEGOS set



My friend Maureen playing the Violin




This week, I also made some brownies and I didn't have the right size pan so I had to get resourceful and ring up a couple of our neighbors in the building, luckily my male neighbor had a pan.

Finally, I had an introspective conversation with an improviser about how much you can learn about someone while doing improv, and she said "If I can see their flaws during improv, I wonder what they see about me!"



A Link to a fun improv session I was in.

Upcoming Events

Alexandra Bodnarchuk presents Rock, Paper, Scissors at The Southern Theater March 17 - 19.
Rock, Paper, Scissors is an evening length (dance) duet that explores the generational passing down of
rules and customs of our bodies.












 

ON THE BLOG


Reading


"The Measure" explores Fate.

Today, when you open your front door, waiting for you is a small wooden box. This box holds your fate inside: the answer to the exact number of years you will live.

From suburban doorsteps to desert tents, every person on every continent receives the same box. In an instant, the world is thrust into a collective frenzy. Where did these boxes come from? What do they mean? Is there truth to what they promise?

As society comes together and pulls apart, everyone faces the same shocking choice: Do they wish to know how long they’ll live? And, if so, what will they do with that knowledge?

The Measure charts the dawn of this new world through an unforgettable cast of characters whose decisions and fates interweave with one another: best friends whose dreams are forever entwined, pen pals finding refuge in the unknown, a couple who thought they didn’t have to rush, a doctor who cannot save himself, and a politician whose box becomes the powder keg that ultimately changes everything.






3 comments:

  1. It's interesting to me how often improv comes up in contexts other than for entertainment. More and more it is being recommended as ways to help people who tend to be introverted get out more and for therapy for some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son's costume is hilarious!!! I wonder if they make them for adults? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fun costume. My grandson plays roblox too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter