Sunday, January 29, 2023

Sunday Post

via GIPHY

  

 

LOOKING FORWARD to January



This week Zulfi and I made brownies together. He prefers cake but he did take a bite. I did some improv on Oozebear. 

On Thursday, I went to a body pump class at the YMCA and felt like a bodybuilder for a hot minute while doing squats and lifting five pound weights. I'd lift more, but I have to reduce any tension on my wrists. And yesterday I went to the Y in Eagan for Zumba class.

Eagan YMCA




It snowed a little bit this week and immediately turned into slush. I guess in Buffalo, Minnesota they received 5 feet of snow in one day and in the cities we received five feet this year.
Below is how you play Five Things (an improv game). I like to play it by saying Name Five things that didn't happen to you today.

Five Things

Actors stand in a circle. One actor initiates by pointing at another and asking him or her to say 5 things as fast as he or she can based on a category of his/her choosing: “Five songs you like.” As the student names off each one, the rest of the class will count along, cheering when five have been said.

SFAH (improv) at Invergrove Studio





 

ON THE BLOG


Reading


Watched 








via GIPHY

10 comments:

  1. As a former teacher, I love the sound of the 5 things game! I could see using that as a beginning of the year get to know you game. As a librarian I could see it as a book club game. Sounds like you had a pretty good week. Hope this one goes well too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I try to keep track of all the improv games and bring them up in other scenarios as well.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if other cities named Buffalo also are buried in snow, besides MN and NY!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a good week. 5 Things sounds like a fun game. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up in Ohio but now live in Florida & I miss being buried in snow.
    5 Things sounds like a fun game, I might suggest it at our next family night.
    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like snow and jumping in it, as long as I don't have to shovel (he he)

      Delete
  5. Brownies are a lot like cake to me. I like both. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I love brownies! That sounds like a great exercise program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, brownies are so grand. I put some extra chocolate I had around the house and made them even richer.

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter