Sunday, September 18, 2022

Sunday Post

via GIPHY

 The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


 

LOOKING FORWARD to September



This week I went to see Scenes from a Hat, a improv act in the Twin Cities that gather at Mall of America but they have a studio in Invergrove Heights where they record there shows for an online audience. We were invited to give them prompts to inspire scenes and take pictures with them after the show. I reached out to some friends in my building as I haven't seen them in a while, and I did some more improv online.

Cast of Scenes from a Hat




My son Zulfiqar





Readers please comment below

 

ON THE BLOG




My sketch comedy teacher recommended Dave Barry as a comedy writer.  This is a funny book about Florida and in the first chapter alone it described how HOT Florida women are and how the women in Florida don't leave their home without getting dolled up (even to go to the Super Market)I'm probably going 
to remember a lot of random lines from this one.

I started reading "The American Roommate Experiment" and I liked how it describes a young woman giving up her job as an engineer to pursue her passion, writing romance, and I liked how she lives in New York.







11 comments:

  1. I've got to find some improv shows near me because I do think they are so much fun! I love that you got to go do that! The American Roommate Agreement is on my TBR, glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for visiting me at Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave Barry really does write some very funny books and articles! He was the one who started the ‘Florida Man’ thing.

    best…mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Florida Man is very popular in improv as well.

      Delete
  3. I should check out Dave Barry's book. Sounds like fun. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The American Roommate Experiment sounds like a book I might like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Twin Cities has so many great theaters, comedy and improv arts. I miss that so much.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's theaters everywhere in every nook and cranny, and I've seen some great immersive show as well.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday to your son! What a cutie!

    It's a great idea for you to focus on reading comedy writers. Dave Barry is an excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter