Sunday, December 12, 2021

Sunday Post #amwriting

via GIPHY

 on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

           LOOKING FORWARD TO December

It snowed like a foot in Minnesota on Friday. I was prepared for it (somewhat). I had received a message from St. Paul schools asking parents to pick up their kids early, if possible, so I did. I got some supplies and hunkered on down for the night. Snow is real in Minnesota. The next morning, I could hear the plows coming through. 

"Anastasia" (Orpheum Theatre)


Earlier in the week, I went to two shows including "Anastasia" and  "The Christmas Carol" at the Guthrie with my sister. 
This year's performance had a reveal that was unbelieveable!! And I noticed "Scrooge" walking home after the show and called out to him. Seeing him made me feel like the show was still going lol

    I spent some time working on screenplays this week. I didn't do a whole lot of improv or UBER driving. I had slight cold and drank lots of cinnamon tea. Caribou has this unbelieveable tea that I can drink for days. 
Otherwise, I also went to see the Nutcracker through a smaller ballet company and hopefully I'll go see another "Nutcracker" at the state theater this week.

 Upcoming shows


The Nutcracker Minnesota Dance Theatre’s beloved holiday tradition returns to the State Theatre with Loyce Houlton’s imaginative choreography, Tchaikovsky’s iconic score, and the thrilling dancers of the MDT company and school. Featuring the 44-piece Nutcracker Orchestra conducted by Philip Brunelle, this spectacular dream fantasy creates magical memories for generations to share. though Dec 22nd tickets @ 
https://hennepintheatretrust.org/












ON THE BLOG

I liked this one. The MC gets spotted by a baking show employee while she's making cinnamon rolls in a shop in New York and then the show flies her to London to be on their show. It was cute. There were moments that I thought the MC had a negative tone but maybe its all the travelling that got to her.

 Synopsis: Ready or not, Isabella Whitley is returning to her snowy hometown of Pineridge, Colorado for her sister's Christmas wedding.
This is turning out real cute. I'm not one for car trip books (maybe because I do so much driving) But was short and then were in Colorado. The Love/hate romance is cute, and the characters seem to be coming of age. I like how the MC just has to get back to her hometown in order to celebrate her traditions with family.




9 comments:

  1. Eight Days of Christmas and Christmas in London both look like fun. I was hoping my library might have Christmas in London, but, sadly, no.

    I bet you enjoyed the shows. We always watch Christmas Carol on tv, and last year the Alley Theater in Houston put Christmas Carol on Zoom for free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the shows were great. I'll have to see the trailer for the Christmas carol you saw. Hopefully its on YouTube.

      Delete
  2. We got a foot of snow in Western Wisconsin too! It looks like the weather is going to warm up this week, so hopefully much of it will melt.

    I saw the Nutcracker years ago and would love to see it again.

    Your Christmas reads sound great. I haven't read as many this year for some reason.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Wisconsin usually gets just as much. Our states really need to merge because of the similarities in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. We hardly ever get snow. Since I've lived here I've seen snow twice. That's once every 10 years. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It only takes a few inches of snow to cause chaos in the UK, but then we don't have snowploughs to clear the roads, so it's no surprise really. Enjoy your books and The Nutcracker too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much snow. Wow! Your books look really good. I hope you are enjoying them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I love the Nutcracker. I haven't seen it in years but it's always such a magical show.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter