Sunday, December 19, 2021

Sunday blog post #funtimes

via GIPHY

 



           LOOKING FORWARD TO DECEMBER

I had an interesting week. I drove a bit for UBER and received a ton of tips. One guy forgot his phone and when he called the number popped up as "Bride".  The guy told me him and his wife had been married for thirty years which was nice. I told him how my adoptive parents had been married for that long as well. 
I picked up a woman who said she was having a flair up on her way to an Al-anon meeting and I turned around and drove her home. 

I got some shopping 🛍 done and bought ingredients for cookies. This week my sister went with me to see "The Nutcracker Fantasy" at the State Theatre and we talked a lot during intermission. Catch my review on my blog.

fun pics


My son Zulfi (four years ago) with his uncle Uri


Here's a fun survey I took.

What is your favorite color? blue, sometimes turquoise

Number? seven,

 my golden birthday. I still remember it too, because we went to Micky Dee's and I saw Ronald for the first time and he only somewhat scared me.

Letter of the alphabet? R-

I never struggled with sounds of letters but I'm fascinated with people who do, and love the british accent in particular.

Domesticated animal? dogs-their fun. I don't have one currently but often dream of a owning a small dog that I don't have to walk everyday.

Wild animal? pandas, anything docile. I kinda dislike squirrels and rodents.And will dodge them if they cross my path.

Mountains or ocean? Oceans. I've been to both coasts and I cherish these experiences, having to live in the midwest with flatlands and people constantly dodging the cold and keeping isolated.

Long drive or long walk? I'll take a long drive. If I can rent a luxury car I find that more appealing than the vacation itself.



Readers please comment below



j

13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to see the live production of The Nutcracker Fantasy, and especially that you got to see it with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely a long walk person but in the UK most roads are busy and those that are quiet tend to be winding country lanes that need passing points as they are so narrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remembered the winding roads in UK. Such great sites.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you meet a lot of interesting people driving for Uber.

    I enjoyed learning more about you by reading your responses to the survey. I would have a hard time picking between mountains and oceans - I like them both. I do love a long drive, but would prefer a long walk. Definitely dogs.

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the survey. I'm more into long walks. I have a small dog but she loves her walks. Except days like today when it is raining. I like where I live now about 2.5 hours to ocean and 2.5 to the mountains. Both can be day trips.
    I hope you have a very happy holiday!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, how lucky to live so close to the mountains and the ocean.

      Delete
  5. You really meet some interesting people driving for Uber. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did DoorDash last year for a month or two. It was kind of fun in a way. I'm not looking forward to figuring out taxes for it though! Uber could be fun. I've met some neat people who drove me when I used Uber in the past! Have a happy holiday and thanks for visiting my blog at Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doordash can be fun. I can get carsick which is odd but I may be worse as a backseat driver because that never happens when I'm sitting in the front.

      Delete
  7. Eight Days of Christmas looks like great fun.

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made some peanut butter cookies. I love making cookies this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I made peanut butter bars, sugar cookies and "Better than Robert Redford" (can't wait!)

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter