Sunday, September 12, 2021

Sunday Post

 



           LOOKING FORWARD TO SEPTEMBER

Hello! The weather this week was great.  I went to see Ali Sultan (the comedian ) at Camp Bar in St. Paul on Friday.  Ali has done his routines on Comedy Central and  performed for the Stephen Colbert show.  Originally from Yemen, this comedian references Yemenese culture and what its like to live in Minnesota.

Ali Sultan
I also watched some K-Dramas and had a talk with the Spontaneous writers/actors leadership team. We were developing ideas of how to meet people's theater's needs during the pandemic and the group eventually agreed to stay online for the time being.  
My brother had stayed with me for a while this week to help with my son so I could go to work, and we talked a bit about growing up together and our late mother, and how stubborn she was. I'm pretty stubborn as well, but I like to think of it as passionate.



My son, Zulfi near a Ghostbuster's car which one of my acquaintances owns. He wants to expand his ghost buster's collection.



Readers please comment below


ON THE BLOG


I like this book and I found out there's a movie based on it.  One woman is reminiscing on her college love and it flashes forward to her current life where she awakens to a some missed opportunities.







7 comments:

  1. That was nice of your brother to come help out. My brother lives 9 hours away so I can't ask him to just come over but I do wished he lived closer to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, any family help is better than no help at all.

      Delete
  2. The Ghostbuster car is too fun! My daughter's high school theatre troupe will find out in November if their state competition is live this year or livecast again.... There's a few more things opening up around here. I'll be happy when my youngest can get vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its exciting when young people are able to do what they love.

      Delete
  3. I am glad you got to see Ali Sultan! Sounds like fun! It's so hard for everyone in theater right now--through this entire pandemic. I am glad to see some areas able to bring back stage performances again, but it still requires a great deal of caution. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter