Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sunday Post

via GIPHY

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


           LOOKING FORWARD TO AUGUST


This week we did improv in person and that was pretty great. I included more pictures from the rooftop below.  I'm writing a piece on improv that I hope to submit to Medium.  I spent a lot of time writing and talking with UBER clients.  

One of my  UBER clients was telling me how he likes his job working from home but explained how it's aggravating.  He seemed interested in this writers group called SHut Up and Write and how we meet every day on ZOOM.  "Everyday!" he said cheerfully, "Well except the weekend," I said.  "The host is pretty committed." I told him how the writers in that group have a lot of impressive writing jobs and will write grants and marketing and short stories, etc.  I took another person from the mechanic to the hotel and he  insisted on giving me instructions-- which was good because he put the wrong address in the app, and we would have drove fifteen minutes instead of five to the wrong hotel. 



(Me (bottom right) with Friday Delight improv Theater on ZOOM)

This week I also talked to writers about the post office and it being one of the largest employers of military officials and those with PTSD, and how they went into studying PTSD after a rage incident at the post office many years ago. And I never knew this but that's where we get the term "going postal." The post office is often under staffed as a state job and a lot of workers get sass from everyday people.


Doctor death is on Netflix.   Its based on a doctor (Christopher Duntsch), who injured Patients during surgery, even his own friend.




Pictures from my week


From the Rooftop in St pul where we do improv




From the George Floyd  Memorial site-(I took some tourists this week to see it).

My son, Zulfi, at Eagan Goodtimes Park



Please comment below





ON THE BLOG


13 comments:

  1. It's nice that you are able to meet with your fellow writers every day (well, except weekends). I would love to join a writing group.

    I'm glad you have met such interesting folks on Uber rides. I loved my work with the Census Bureau long ago, but I had to take an oath of confidentiality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are great. That confidentiality thing gets tricky:)

      Delete
  2. I also didn't know where the term "going postal" comes from. Hmmmm, interesting!

    Glad to hear you had a good and fruitful week. Hope the new one is filled with fun surprises!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to know. and I still need to read the whole story on 'going postal' so thanks for the reminder.

      Delete
  3. I saw Dr. Death. It was an interesting series and so scary to think that it actually happened.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Lot of weirdos out there without a conscious.

      Delete
  4. I've never taken an Uber but my daughter ha and I know you get some interesting clients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, LYFT gets even stranger clients. There's some politics behind both the apps.

      Delete
  5. I like that your improv group is utilising zoom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, we do all sorts of fun stuff on zoom and great camera tricks.

      Delete
  6. Your week is never boring. I wouldn't be comfortable going out so much right now with cases rising.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had an interesting week! It's great you do improv. I like all your pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter