Saturday, March 14, 2020

Sunday Post #amwriting #amjoy


via GIPHY




Today's post will link up to The Sunday SalonThe Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelves for weekly updates.

           LOOKING FORWARD TO FEBRUARY

Why am I celebrating peace?  
Because its a great feeling!
I got this idea from another writer.

I'm celebrating peace this week. Have you ever had that feeling that you're so exhausted-you don't know if there's light at the end of the tunnel?
That was me for a second. But then I had this breakthrough and I was able to get some energy.

  I came across a writer's favorite quote:
"Hatred is a sword with a second blade pointed inward. The more I wield it, the more I destroy myself. My battles are not with those who anger me, but within myself, as I struggle to weed out and destroy the silly reasons I use to justify that anger." (anonymous)

Mitch Albom also had this to say

Holding anger is a poison...It eats you from inside...We think that by hating someone we hurt them...But hatred is a curved blade...and the harm we do to others...we also do to ourselves.”



Please leave a comment below.

CURRENTLY


Reading: 







ON THE BLOG


Sunday: The Sunday Post

Up Coming:
Play Review

11 comments:

  1. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." ---Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you were able to get some peace and energy. I am feeling anxious which is unusual. But I'm happy for the next few weeks at home.

    Stay safe and healthy! Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snoop... What a character! Agreed about peace, we need it. Keep writing and stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I still remember the early 90s and my enjoyable days listening to Snoop Dog.

      Delete
  4. Those quotes are awesome and very true. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anger will eat you from the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true about anger and hatred! I am hoping to curtail mine more, and redirect it into constructive actions.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true, 'every action has a reaction' and I'm learning more than ever the importance of intent.

      Delete
  7. What thoughtful messages, Trin, especially in these troubled times.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter