Saturday, February 1, 2020

Sunday Post #amreading #amjoy




via GIPHY
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Today's post will link up to The Sunday SalonThe Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelves for weekly updates.

           LOOKING FORWARD TO JANUARY

Why am I celebrating the playwright center?  
Because they do awesome work!
I got this idea because my script will be read at PWC and I'm psyched!


I got lots of things done this week!

1.)I learned there's going to be a 6 week sketch comedy workshop in the Twin Cities hosted by Meredith Jacobs at Strike Theatre.

 2.) I talked to Director, Matt Saxe about the commentary in many of his Drinking Game-Minnesota script parodies

3.) My play will be read during open play at the Playwright center.  I'll be the one on the big screen, Google Hangouts, reading the script, while everyone else will be sitting at a table in a meeting room. I edited my parody script and found out some fab things about the film 'You Got mail'  


Little known fact : In between scenes while filming the lead-up to ShopGirl and NY152's first big meeting at Cafe Lalo, Tom Hanks and Dave Chapelle would sneak into a corner bar to watch Seinfeld's series finale, which was airing at that time.

Tom Hanks also collects typewriters like the character Frank.




Please leave a comment below.

CURRENTLY

Reading: The Magic Path of Intuition by Florence Scovel Shinn





FRENCH GOOGLE TRANSLATE MEME COMPILATION (TRY NOT TO LAUGH)

ON THE BLOG

Sunday: The Sunday Post

Up Coming:
Play Review

12 comments:

  1. Good luck at the reading. I'm not sure what happens next, if they like it do they then produce it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of like workshopping. They give you feedback and you do further editing and maybe you'll go and submit it to some publishers.

      Delete
  2. Break a leg, 8m sure the reading will go wonderfully

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley, should be fun. I did it last year and it was a laugh and a half- hearing people read your work in their character voice is more than amazing.

      Delete
  3. How exciting reading your play! I hope it is fabulous! My daughter found out about an Art History college class this summer which includes a 10 day in Paris trip. It's spendy though. We will see.

    Have a great week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on having your play read.

    Donna at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, it's always great to hear from new readers.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your play reading! I hope it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicci, it's great to hear about the process of how a script goes to production.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with the play. I love Tom Hanks. He's a really good actor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that movie You've Got Mail...and because I have the DVD, I might just watch it...again! LOL.

    Enjoy your books, movies, and your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel. I think I watch the film once a year.

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter