Saturday, November 3, 2018

Weekend Writing Warriors #8sunday


Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, the weekly hop for everyone who loves to write!  Sign up on the website:Wewriwa.com and share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday.


No one likes it when their family life changes.  This is particularly hard for the Radtke's.  A troublesome girl named Tracey enters their lives and the children are an endless journey to make sure this girl doesn't get into any further trouble or cause their parents to lose their fostering license.  These are snippets from my second novella in the series, "Oh Tracey."

Last week's entry
I’m too young to have an ID, I had joked with at him at the time and threw him one of my dazzling smiles. “Or, or or..” I said to Zion,"maybe her Mom used to work at a liquor store. Yeah, that’s it, maybe her Mom took the ID’s instead of giving them back."
“Do you think that her mother is really that malicious that she wouldn’t try and return them?”
"Who knows. People have their collections. Don’t you have a collection of Cracker Jack prices in a box in your dresser?

This Week's entry
Zion looked at me with this face that said, And what have you been doing looking in my dresser? As if he had something more incriminating to hide in there. He was thirteen not thirty.
“Sorry,” I said. After the silence between us had been mounting.
“Don’t ever go in my drawers again, Amelia."
I felt for a second that our long lasting sibling friendship may have been coming to a grinding halt, but then he just bent down and picked up a pile of leaves and ran over and dumped them on me. I didn’t even move. I wanted him to have his little revenge if it meant we could still be detectives together. I laughed and pushed him instead.




Readers, please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter