Sunday, February 10, 2013

"The Dirty Life"by Kristin Kimball

From city Life to farm life,"The Dirty Life" by Kristin Kimball. This writer explores her transition from city career to organic farming.  Her view on the fact that success comes from trying hard things inseminates throughout her book.  "I tried to buoy my sinking heart with the vision that had propelled me out of the city-the farmhouse-the orchard".  She writer. 

One can learn many things about farming life,  including when to harvest and how.  How to incorporate older farming methods and when not too.  How to slaughter animals, including dairy calves and chickens, pigs.  Her own farm extends into the home field, the pine field, the mail box field, the mail box field, etc.

 My favorite quote, in connection to why the author enjoys the farm so much. "It was that sweating, giggling, shrieking, staggering, singing, doggy-style hurrying in flagrant chaos that I decided my life was full, joyful rich, but full to the brim, and then some."

share

Follow me on Twitter