Sunday, September 20, 2026

Sunday Blog post

 This week was a little bit of everything.



On Tuesday, I started orientation for a new job. Orientation ran from Tuesday through Friday, so that took up a good part of the week. During one of my breaks, I was able to write some comedy jokes, a lot of which ended up being about therapy. Apparently, therapy is one of my more reliable sources of material.

The company also gave us a really nice blanket that rolls up and packs into something you can carry around like a purse. I thought that was pretty creative. I’ve never had a job where one of the first things they gave me was basically a portable blanket.

Somewhere in the middle of all that, I picked up some Posca markers because I wanted to do some artwork. I’m still trying to figure out how to get better at watercolor, so I also bought some TAMBI watercolors and have been experimenting with those. I’m still very much in the “trying to figure out how to make this look good” stage.

There were also rehearsals for our upcoming shows. I’ve been talking to different performers about whether they might want to join us, so there’s been a lot of that going on too.

On September 22, we’ll be performing in Technically Funny at The Others, our improv group Waxy Comedy will be doing a portion of show that mixes comedy with presentation-style performances. Then, on September 29, Waxi Comedy will be hosting a show called Next Slide, Please at Eat Street Crossing, where we expect a lot of comedians to give presentations as part of the show. Both shows have involved a fair amount of planning, rehearsing, and reaching out to performers.

Earlier in the week, I went to Comedy Corner to watch an open mic. It was a pretty tense show because there were a lot of hecklers in the audience, and the comics had to fight their way through their acts.

At one point, the host said, “Please don’t talk to the comics unless they talk to you first.”

I loved that.

Then five of the hecklers got up and left after hearing it, which was actually pretty smart of them.

By the end of the week, I had managed to read two books: The Woman in Cabin 10 and The Death of Mrs. Westaway, both by Ruth Ware. I’ve been getting back into reading, so it was nice to actually make it through two books.

On Sunday, I went to Hive Collaborative to do musical improv, which was a nice way to end the week.

Random mansion in my area

So that was pretty much my week, How about yours?

1 comment:

  1. Those two books you read have been on my radar for awhile. Hopefully I can get to them soon. That mansion looks huge. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter