Saturday, February 18, 2023

Sunday Post

via GIPHY





 k

 

LOOKING FORWARD to February



Happy Valentines Week everyone

Last Saturday I went to learn line dancing at a Hmong dance hall.  By the end of the night ,the hall was filled with people, and everyone was dancing to hip hop.  It was nice to see the comradery among the asian elders, and some of the dancing reminded me a mix between country line dance and Hawaiian dance.






Vietnamese pho





a picture from the disability improv jam

On Wednesday, a friend stopped by my place to give my son this pickachu hat, whose ears flap with each tug of its handle.


I was reading quora and found these fun psychological tricks.

1.On an airplane, if your seatmate is hogging the armrest or being too chatty, just grab the barf bag. Works every time.

2. When you're in an argument, find something to agree on, then push your main point.

3. Be direct and personal when you need things. Instead of asking IF anyone has an EpiPen, ask WHO has an EpiPen.

4. Want to make people instantly like you? Spill you coffee.

Seem weird? But a lot of studies confirm that pointing out our vulnerability actually increases our attractiveness and trustworthiness. BUT you have to make sure they already know you’re credible.

5. When you need to find out a name eg for a lead, you say ‘Oh is John still managing up there?’ They go ‘no it’s Mark now.’ Works with anything, just use a fake.

6. If you look happy to see someone every time you see them, they will eventually be happy to see you.




 

ON THE BLOG




Reading



5 comments:

  1. I have a friend who is crazy about line dancing. I have never tried it, although I do a lot of zumba and I wonder if that is similar.

    Better than the Movies looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the psychology tricks. I always act happy to see the customers at work because many of them are repeat customers, and I want to train them to be nice to me when something eventually goes wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Better than the Movies! Hope you are enjoying it. All of those tips are great! Will have to try a few of those. Thanks for sharing them. And the dancing sounds like a blast. Sounds like a good week! Hope this one is good as well. Thanks for visiting me at Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the suggestiveness of a barf bag might have a bad effect on one person or another, so I. hope that one doesn’t happen. Deception is a little cringy.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man that food looks delicious!!! I really like trick #5 and can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter