Saturday, May 28, 2022

Sunday Post #amwriting

via GIPHY

 


 

LOOKING FORWARD to MAY


I ended up doing tons of dance workouts at home while throwing the beach ball to my son.  I also went to see an improv show at Strike Theater. I have my nephew's Fitness competition next week and I have a few people to visit in the hospital.


How do I stay motivated ? (my ride share job)

I set money goals.

I tell myself if I make enough money, I can take an improv class.

I get intentional about driving and chat myself up on the way to my first ride. (usually in the morning).

I never eat anything heavy and always have a cup of espresso at my side along with some water.

I make things entertaining by taking little walks in between rides and try to meet my fifteen minute walking goals in the morning.

I shop for odds and ends in between rides. (This funny thing happens when you’re on your way to run an errand, you’re more likely to get a ride. Maybe the algorithm sees you’re car as the one on the move.

I take pictures of places I been to and post them to Google Maps. This helps others find and make decisions about a location.

I post to instagram.

I’m always thinking about my next possible short story based on my ride share experience.

I hope you enjoyed this list.


Here is my latest ride-share story.

I don’t know where I am 😳

My ride-share client rang me to say he doesn’t know where he is.

A picture from Friday Delight Theatre last week 




“Well, what is the nearest business you see?”

“ I don’t know I’m on 10th street in downtown. I see a gas station. It’s a BP.”

“ OK, I know where you are,” I said.

(this gas station attracts many people, one time I saw a nude guy sitting on the corner. A story for another day)

I begin to put the address in the GPS. When I picked him up, he said he’s going to the treatment center.

I put the center in the GPS, when we get there he said it’s the w

rong one, its the on University in Saint Paul.

(I hit my forehead. I’ve been there so many times why didn’t I think of that.)

“What is your drug of choice? I asked.

“Meth,” he said.

“I learned early on that I can’t do drugs because people in my family have codependency issues,” I said. “In fact, I drink caffeine every day and it causes all the anxiety I need.”

“See, I don’t like telling people about my addiction,” said my client Matthew.





(I try to put him at ease )

“It’s OK, I am not here to judge you,😉” I said “I know someone who does crack… the only thing is I didn’t realize it at the time 😳…but she had told me had an ARMHS worker...somehow I naïvely thought the addiction was in the past, and she was seeing the worker to prevent herself from continuing.”

“I had no idea that she needed the ARMHS worker daily.”

“Were honestly an hour late, I shouldn’t even go inside, but I have to go to treatment or my parole officer will come for me.”

“I think you’re going to get through this,” I said to Matthew dropping him off at the center.




Readers please comment below

 

ON THE BLOG

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are great with your customers and a calm voice in a storm. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your routine for getting things done and keeping them under control sounds very effective. I hope you have a nice Memorial Day.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your list for staying motivated. Another interesting ride share conversation - you never know when you are going to be able to offer someone encouragement. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're a great driver for that program! i wish I could be more motivate for a lot of things. Losing weight, eating better, writing, etc. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a fun job for sure. It really helps me stay grounded as its flexible and I can return home anytime.

      Delete
  5. I've never taken a ride share before but my daughter called for one to pick my husband up when he got out of the hospital and the guy was so nice. He actually texted my daughter when he picked Ken up and texted her again when he was close so we could go outside and meet them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a lot of ride-share drivers will go out of their way for hospital patients, helping with walkers and even walking.

      Delete
  6. What a great motivational list! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter