Saturday, July 3, 2021

Sunday Post #amwriting #amjoy

via GIPHY

 


 Today's post will link up to The Sunday SalonThe Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelve, Reader Book Buzz  for weekly updates.

           LOOKING FORWARD TO July

tettThi
Happy Fourth!  I hope everyone gets out and does a lot.  I don't have too much planned but last night I got slightly irritated because people were shooting fireworks right onto the highway bridge and it was distracting as I was on my way too work. 

This week I talked to writers about three Chinatowns in New York, and we got in a discussion about dumpling restaurants.  I'm more of an egg roll person myself but I will eat a dumpling.  

I also played Vingo with a group of women at the VFW, and that is basically music video bingo and it includes some great hits from the Spice Girls, Coolio, David Bowie, Cher, Baha Man.  I even found myself getting up to dance to the Cha cha slide.

My son has been going to summer school and he got scraped up a bit by going on the monkey bars.

upcoming shows

Islander

Conceived by Amy Draper

Music and Lyrics by Finn Anderson

Book by Stewart Melton

July 15 - 31, 2021

Elision Playhouse




That's my week.  Tell me about yours in the comments below.

CURRENTLY 



I'm liking this book a lot as it talks about how groups try to assimiliate in society. I also like learning about socialization since this is one my strengths and I thought I could see where I take my own skills.


'Bad Blood'  deals with elaborate scams, corporate intrigue, magazine cover stories, ruined family relationships, and the demise of a company 





Mark and Shawn talk with Eric Larson of Courage Kenney Northland, in Duluth, MN, about their recreational programs for people with disabilities.



11 comments:

  1. Vingo sounds like fun.
    I'm more of a Spring Roll person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of an asian food -in-general person. Must latest try is pad thai, which I've had at six different restaurants in St. Paul.

      Delete
  2. It's great you get to talk to so many interesting people. Happy 4th!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your son is ok.
    Happy 4th. I hope it's quiet around here tonight but I know it won't be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th of July! Vingo sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th to you too! We didn't have much planned either. Just cooked hamburgers on the grill and hung out for a while. Not really big fans of fireworks. I hope your son is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's one of those years where its like 'Do we go out?' Luckily we can see the fireworks from home.

      Delete
  6. I love to try new games. Vingo sounds like great fun.

    Oh, the fireworks. I hear them going off from two different towns, north and south of us.

    The Wisdom of Crowds sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bingo sounds like a lot of fun!
    There was a short lived to show called Wisdom of the Crowd that I enjoyed.

    Wishing you a great reading week and happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'll have to mention that show 'Wisdom of Crowds' to the book club. Thanks for mentioning.

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter