Saturday, May 22, 2021

Sunday Post #amwriting #amjoy

via GIPHY

 



Today's post will link up to The Sunday SalonThe Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelve, Reader Book Buzz  for weekly updates.

           LOOKING FORWARD TO MAY

T
This week I talked to people about audio books and their growing popularity; how they're becoming more creative.  For instance, Now Elisabeth Moss reads The Handmaid’s Tale,  and Meryl Streep narrated Charlotte’s Web and even Michelle Obama read 19 hours of her own memoir. Many audiobooks have an ensemble cast along with a reader.


I also talked to my Rideshare clients. Two of them seemed to be in marketing and spoke excitedly about reaching out to clients and having a goal of thirty per week.  A few others were high school students.  Teens can be the most fun because they talk about their motivations and dreams and I always think, Was I that motivated as a teen? Or could I talk to adults like they could?
One of the teens was a boxer, whose parents were from Paraguay and Mexico and he talked about practicing in the gym for 6 hours a day.
I had a pretty enjoyable week despite the fact that we got a lot of rain in Minnesota

                                This week in Photos





Improv theater (bottom middle)



Upcoming shows
Company (A Virtual play) by Lakeshore Players
Music & Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, Book by George Furth || Directed by Sara Pillatzki-Warzeha
July 16-25

Super excited about this next one


Ride Share (A virtual show) similar to UBER and LYFT
 Presented by Black Lives, Black Words International Project and Writers Theatre Written by Reginald Edmund Directed by Simeilia Hodge-Dallaway.
Showing Mid June
Tickets at Writerstheatre.org






“I believe that you're great, that there's something magnificent about you. Regardless of what has happened to you in your life, regardless of how young or how old you think you might be, the moment you begin to think properly, there's something that is within you, there's power within you," (Michael Bernard Beckwith)

CURRENTLY 

Super Excited about this thriller


Love all things London, so I'm super excited about this one.  Right now I do Improv with a few people from the UK.


6 comments:

  1. I just started listening to The Girl With the Louding Voice at the recommendation of one of my blogging friends, and, wow, fabulous. I decided to get a copy of the book, too, from the library, so I don't miss anything.

    I definitely want to listen to Charlotte's Web by Meryl Streep. I've got it on my list.

    That could be your offering to your ride customers---a chapter of a book!

    It seems to be raining everywhere---your town, Michigan, England, Florida, here in Texas---right now. Is that possible?

    Last Night in London looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the gym for 6 hours a day? Now that's dedication!

    All three books are new to me, I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki. Yes, who says millennials are lazy?!

      Delete
  3. You meet some interesting people.

    I tried audiobooks but I can't concentrate on them and they take so much longer than it would take me to read a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on my mood Mary, sometimes paper books could do better with a good audio narrator.

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter