Saturday, March 13, 2021

Sunday Post #amwriting #amjoy

via GIPHY

 


 Today's post will link up to The Sunday SalonThe Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelve, Reader Book Buzz  for weekly updates.

           LOOKING FORWARD TO March

This week was like spring had came and decided to live in Minnesota for a week. It was great to pick up passengers and hear them talk about the weather, or walking their dog.  One of my clients had plans to go to Arizona and get a rescued dog. Another couple had plans to go to Florida to see their son's golf tournament. Another woman was making a brave trip to New York by herself. 







Artistic director, Regan Linton of Phamaly Theatre in Colorado was on our channel.  Regan also gave a Ted talk a while back and Bonus, I'm featured in this video as well.



                                                Upcoming Shows



Four Measures By the Playwright Center

A new musical about a young nurse’s search for purpose as she aids an eccentric doctor in his peculiar experiments. Come see this virtual reading for free.  Register https://www.trademarktheater.org/4measures


Everything, whatever you see is nothing else but
The Presence of God!


   from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XII/XII_I_12.htm


That's my week.  Tell me about yours in the comments below.

CURRENTLY 


I may read everyone of Armistead's books, they are that great. Armistead is an American novelist best known for his Tales of the City series, which chronicles the lives of the eccentric inhabitants of an apartment complex, affectionately called by its address, 28 Barbary Lane, in 1970s San Francisco. Maupin grew up in North Carolina.
This is supposed to be a real great novel. It reads a lot like Nonfiction. Here is a synopsis The Liar's Dictionary, "queasy with knowledge," is an audacious, idiosyncratic dual love story about how language and people intersect and connect, and about how far we'll go to save what we're passionate about.



15 comments:

  1. Hi Trin! Love this quote: Everything, whatever you see is nothing else but
    The Presence of God!

    Life is still a bit crazy on my side, but it will start calming down this week.

    I haven't read any of the Armistead books, but it looks like fun reads! Will take a look.

    Have a good week and be safe!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That quote is great to remember in tough times. And its totally true:)

      Delete
  2. Tales of the City was made into a show and I remember being completely addicted to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll totally need to watch it. I'm surprised I haven't seen it before.

      Delete
  3. It's always uplifting when the weather gets better and people start planning trips. It's starting to feel a little normal again. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally Yvonne, I even put on some shorts and walked around barefoot. feels great.

      Delete
  4. That's awesome that someone is going to travel to rescue a dog. One of my friends just adopted 4 rats from a rescue that had a train of different drivers for all the rats they had rescued from a bad situation. One lady would drive them for a few hours and then another lady would take over in her city. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, kindness to animals is a reminder of humanity. Love it.

      Delete
  5. I think that meeting interesting people must be one of the best parts of your job.

    I couldn't wait until Liar's Dictionary arrived, and it finally did, and now I'm not in the mood to read it. If you get to it, I hope you'll share your thoughts and talk me into checking it back out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally Deb, I'll try to take notes on it this week--that usually helps me tackle tough texts and even you sharing your desire to read it makes me want to read it even more.

      Delete
  6. I can't believe so many are traveling but I guess once we are vaccinated we would consider it. My niece is getting married in May. I was happy to see sun all this week, but now it's going to rain again.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you meet some interesting people in your line of work. We had lovely spring like weather last week too. It was so nice to just get outside and enjoy it as much as possible before we return to the damp and cold this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Tales of the City in my Netflix queue, I did read the book decades ago but don’t remember it well
    I hope the weather stays warm

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to hear you have been enjoying nice spring weather! It's definitely spring here. Cold and wet and then warm and sunny then back to cold and wet.

    The Liar's Dictionary sounds interesting. I hope you are enjoying your week and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The weather has definitely been better, the sky has been so blue and the clouds have been amazing! I’ve taken so many sky pics this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter