Saturday, July 11, 2020

Sunday Post #Amwriting #Amjoy


via GIPHY
Today's post will link up to The Sunday SalonThe Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelves for weekly updates.

           LOOKING FORWARD TO JUly



Why am I celebrating more stories?
Because stories are so great!

I got this idea from LYFT clients.


Some stories I heard....I gu told me about how Pizza Hut is busy. How clients tend to order at Midnight and closing time, and how he's got to run around the store and re-heat ovens and make boxes at the last minute. A few of the customers come in trashed and it takes them twenty minutes to order a pizza so says, "Here, this is what you want, lots of pizza and Carbs" and then places their order.


Another told me about his business selling movies and salt and pepper shakers on E-bay. He said he turned quite a profit, (particularly sending 30 movies) and he simply attaches the shipping to the cost.




Another told me about How the Best Western near the state capitol in Saint Paul is hosting rooms for the homeless, and she thought it was a great program because a lot of politicians tend to stay at that particular Best Western.  

Lastly, I picked up someone who said they were a lifeskills coach for people who just got out of the penitentiary.  This person is obviously doing great work to help people get back on their feet and they said they love their job because they're giving back and she remembers a day when someone had helped her out and that's why she said she loves her work and lives grateful for every moment.


After picking up famous Youtuber and BMX bike stunt devil, Anthony Panza  (read about it here) Panza  https://theglobaldig.blogspot.com/2020/07/sunday-post-amreading-amjoy.html I'm still giving thought to posting my LYFT experiences to YOUTUBE with my client's permission of course.  It would take a lot of courage.  Here is a small snippet of a ride.






That was my week, please tell me about yours in the comments below.

CURRENTLY 



Reading:The Cactus By Sarah Haywood




17 comments:

  1. You meet the most interesting people and are accumulating quite a lot of stories. It does worry me at this time, how many strangers you have in your car. I hope you're keeping safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are learning so much from those you transport. What stories you hear. It reminds me of when I worked for the Census Bureau. Unfortunately, I was sworn to an oath of confidentiality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always said that everyone has a story and I love that you are sharng some of the stories that you have heard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Took awhile for me to come around to liking the main character in The Cactus. In the end, enjoyed the story. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Best Western story. Ha! Do you think it will make any difference? I hope so! My Sunday Salon

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great you are meeting so many interesting folks with stories. I would be uncomfortable being out and around right now though.

    Have a wonderful week and stay well!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. How interesting to have such a variety of customers. I like hearing the stories.

    Enjoy your books. I am curious about The Cactus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you're a person who loves stories about the kindness of others. I hope you're enjoying your book. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ug, the Pizza Hut story reminds me of working at a campground. Every time I closed the office, someone knocked on the window and asked for something complicated or time consuming. I just wanted to go home! Have a great week.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your LYFT anecdotes would be a great subject for a book!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  11. LYFT and Uber drivers have the best stories.

    I’ve not read the Cactus yet but I’ve heard good things.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is very difficult for us to give information about anyone, because you should have the information first, only then you can tell someone about anything in a good way, then this is what you are giving us this information It can be useful in future and sharing knowledge incre

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter