Saturday, August 17, 2019

Sunday Post with Tanaya E. Walker @MnFringe @poetiktanaya



Tanaya E. Walker is with me today to discuss her role in "Stuck in an Elevator with Patrick Stewart."


Tanaya, is the woman behind Gretchen. Tanaya is a 28-year-old actress. Since the age of 7, Tanaya has performed on stage for dancing, singing, spoken word/poetry, and acting. Her father Terrence Walker, a musician, has instilled the importance of confidence on stage, and has helped her put everything she’s got into performing. Tanaya feels most at home when she is on stage, and hopes to continue to learn and grow in the acting field.




                           
Tanaya, how did you become affiliated with "Stuck in an Elevator with Patrick Stewart II?"

I became affiliated with the show by mere coincidence. I wrote and acted in a True Crime anthology series by Freshwater Theatre, that same night Kevin T. Houle and Brandon Taitt approached me about a role they knew I’d be perfect for. I met them at a café, had a 
great conversation and they officially cast me as Gretchen.





As MNFringe allows its audiences to post reviews, do you pay any attention to these during a show run?


I really didn’t want to pay attention to the reviews during our run, but some of my lovely castmates were excited to share them. So I dug into some of the reviews. Typically, I like to stray away until afterward the performances are finished.


"Stuck in an Elevator with Patrick Stewart II" is not something most fans get a chance to do. Are you a fan of Patrick Stewart or Star Trek? Have you been to a comic con? 


I love Star Trek. Am I a complete Trekkie? Nope. I used to watch TNG with my dad when I was a kid. It was the best quality time I got to spend with him. Being able to bring that memory and warmth into my character really helped me with the show. I am a fan of Patrick Stewart, not a die-hard, but a fan nonetheless. I have NEVER been to a comic con.

via GIPHY
Although I would LOVE to.

                 

What are some aspects of the script that you especially enjoy or appreciate?


I enjoyed the moment Gretchen was able to appreciate Elyse and Jordan. That moment when Elyse, Jordan and Gretchen were able to find hope instead of being complacent about what happens at Sci-Fi Ramacons and Comic cons alike.


Are you working on any future projects or shows outside of Fringe?

Right now I am focusing on my business that I just started called Christ Can. I also do poetry so I’m always adding things to my upcoming book I’m hoping to get published soon. In the world of acting, we shall see where it continues to take me. 


Contact Tanaya:
Instagram: poetik_tanaya
Facebook: Tanaya E. Walker 
Twitter: @poetiktanaya 

via GIPHY

Today's post will link up to The Sunday SalonThe Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelves for weekly updates.

CURRENTLY

Reading: Win, by Frank Luntz, Blogging for Creatives by Robin Houghton


Listening: Oprah Winfrey's Top Ten Rules for Success


ON THE BLOG

Up Coming: Silent Wednesdays 
AND 
An interview with cast members from 'Mysterious Old Radio Listening Society'

Readers if you want to comment, please do so below.



13 comments:

  1. Very cool interview, wish I could see the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Absolutely Deb. I felt Star Struck approaching Tanaya for this interview and truly believe the whole cast of "Stuck in an Elevator with Patrick Stewart" will go far in their endeavors, especially Tanaya.

      Delete
  3. I’m currently binging TNg, introducing to my semi interested son, I can’t wait for the release of Picard next year :)

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bingeing TNg is a great idea. I may have to wait a few weeks, but I'll be right there with ya.

      Delete
  4. I love Star Trek...all of them. I will watch TNG when I see reruns of it on tv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you love Star Trek Mary. Fans make this show possible, even new and immersive ones.

      Delete
  5. Cool the scifi and fantasy authors I love are at some ComicCons so I like that even better than the romance orientated things like Book Bonanza. But I enjoy both. Of course I can't go to everything. Have a wonderful week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My writing has been all about ComicCons since I saw "Stuck in an Elevator in Patrick Stewart." It'll only be a matter of time before I'm at a ComicCon with a very snazzy outfit.

      Delete
  6. I'm not much of a trekkie but my husband is super excited for Picard. Cool interview!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Nicci, You'd love this show. Tanaya did a great job bringing her character to life and the show was very well rounded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. bus and train garage

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter