Saturday, March 9, 2019

Sunday Post,Tynga's Reviews #amreading #amjoy

Sunday Post #amreading #amjoy




The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

           LOOKING FORWARD TO march

This week I'm excited because I was able to download oracle after many attempts.  I thought I had a bug in my computer that was preventing me from downloading it.  And Oracle is a necessity for my online class, because I'm  learning SQL, structured query language. So I found out, I needed to download sql developer software which has java connected with it.

  I’ve been using stackoverflow.com to help me answer some questions related to my IT class. 


I just read somewhere that some people don't use Google as a source to answer their common questions.  Stackoverflow.com or Quora is also a resource because it's a community online that is devoted to answering all kinds of questions.

via GIPHY

This week I also got the most glorious compliment on my writing.  You see every Saturday I meet with writers at Black Dog cafe, so the writers there are very familiar with my work.  This Saturday, I was going on and on about this writer, named Teresa, who writes all about her Babsia, polish grandmother, and how she has so many stories that are about this small-made-up polish village in Minnesota.  Her stories are absolutely hysterical!
Anyway, the writer, Jim was like, "you write some fantastic stories, too, about your life growing up in north Minneapolis, and they're filled with great characters and dialogue. Now if you could just connect all these stories and combine them in a novel." And you know what, that's what I plan to do! I'm just so thrilled that someone sees potential in my writing.

CURRENTLY

Reading: Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman (contemporary) Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino,(Romance)  Managed by Kristen Calihan, Dirty Filthy Rich Men by Laurelin Paige, Chronic City by Jonathan Lethem,



Listening: Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
Friendship by Emily Gould


ON THE BLOG

Sunday: The Sunday Post

Up Coming:


Readers if you want to comment, please do so below.


10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to download what you needed to. I always use Google for searches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your frustration at trying to download Oracle and am glad you succeeded. I'm currently frustrated because I changed internet providers and although I got my printer onto the new network, I cannot get it to print. Hope I'm successful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds complicated.. but I'm happy you succeeded. ;)
    Congrants on the compliment. That's so nice!
    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is so much about technology that is always changing Karen. I hope when I'm in my nineties I'm still interested enough to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Technology always finds ways to frustrate and challenge us!

    Congrats on the compliment from another writer. That always makes our days.

    Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oryx and Crake is on my TBR this year. I hope it is good. Good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, those fish are great. Computer issues are so frustrating. I’m glad you were able to download what you needed.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like your week was lovely. I hope this one goes as well for you. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband is a database guy and deals with Oracle, SQL etc. Good luck with your class. Yay for the compliment. Hope this week is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter