Saturday, October 13, 2018

Sunday Post #amwriting #amjoy



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


LOOKING FORWARD TO October

This week I've been on this audio book binge, searching and listening like crazy.  It was my birthday last Sunday so I guess I deserve to binge a bit.  It started all started with Haruki Murakami's, Sputnik Sweetheart and then Janet Evanovich.  Then I perused my library for humorous audio books and came across Lorrie Moore and Timothy Hallinan's work.  I listened to this one book, Act of God, by Jill Ciment and it that had to do with this character who was an actress and she lost her apartment to mushrooms and mold and people wearing Hazmat suits had to come and clear it out.  She also had a homeless woman sleeping in her tiny closet and the concept for the novel was quite intriguing.  
Finally, yesterday I started listening to The Ocean at the End of the Land by Neil Gaiman. Now, I've tried to read a lot of Gaiman's work but this is the first one I really liked. His work is poetic and it's got this rhythm and tone that no one could ever mimic.

Readers, if you want to comment-do so at the bottom of this post.


CURRENTLY

Reading: Every Story is a Ghost story: The Life of David Foster Wallace, Bark by Lorrie Moore, King Maybe by Timothy Hallinan, Consumed by David Cronenberg, Fishbowl by Bradley Somer, This is going to Hurt by
Adam Kay


Watching:  Chinese Movie:Them and Us










ON THE BLOG

Up Coming: Lots of interviews with screenwriters and musicians in October.  Stay tuned.

Hoping to also start a podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter