Saturday, July 22, 2017

#WeWriwa #YA

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, the weekly hop for everyone who loves to write! This is a blog hop.  Share  an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sundays. 
 wewriwa.com


This is a snippet from my novel, Oh Brother:

The next morning, I had to make a critical decision: Fruit Loops or Cocoa Puffs?
“Don't follow me today,” Burns announced before he grabbed the Cocoa Puffs and finished off the box.
“I don't know what you mean,” I said playing innocent.
I reached for the Fruit Loops so I wouldn’t be left with Dad's Shredded Wheat.  I took my time pouring them into the bowl making sure it was filled to the max.
“Oh, I think you know what I mean,” he continued, “otherwise you wouldn't have left this.”  He pinned down a to do list in front of me.  It read:
-Follow Burns
-See what he’s up to
-Get gum
I smiled after the last one.

Readers, please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter